𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝

cair paravel was absolutely beautiful. the castle itself was made of stone, and marble, and stood tall on the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean.

i suppose that in a way, i was jealous.

this is clearly a world of magic and royalty, but i live in a harsh reality. i'm not a princess out of some fairytale. no matter how bad i may want to be.

sooner or later, this all is going to end, and i'm going to be back in my apartment with bambi going on about my now boring existence.

caspian had let go of my hand, bringing me back to my current reality. "i believe a tour is in order." he said, smiling at me.

"i wouldn't want to trouble you." i said. "you're probably busy."

"nonsense. i can't just leave you by yourself somewhere you're not familiar with."

"that's sweet of you." i said quietly.

i could've sworn i'd seen the faintest of blushes on his face.

he asked something of one of the men that came in with us, who nodded and went away up a flight of stairs.

i watched him disappear up the marble staircase, then turned back to caspian. now it was just me and him since literally everyone else was gone somewhere else.

"shall we?"

i nodded, and followed him up the stairs and down a long hallway.

as we walked, i began to grow curious.

"caspian?"

he stopped walking and turned to face me. "yes?"

"this is a stupid question, but uhm.. by any chance, is there a reason the people here call you 'your majesty'?"

he looked rather amused. "i suppose that is an important detail." he smiled. "i'm the king."

"that's what i thought. ahhh shit." i mumbled. but caspian heard me anyway. he laughed. "i hope you aren't too embarrassed, y/n. i didn't intend on keeping it a secret." he admitted.

"not embarrassed. just.. surprised is all."

"i'm sorry for not telling you. i didn't want you to feel overwhelmed."

i felt my expression soften when i look at him. "i understand. i hope i won't have to be all formal around you though." i teased.

"of course not, my lady." caspian smirked. "this king doesn't care for too much formality."

'my lady..' i just smiled.

i had been shown everywhere it seemed like. the castle seemed to be endless. i hadn't realized that the sun was starting to set until i looked to the balcony.

"this is our last stop." caspian announced, going to open a pair of double doors. "i had it arranged for you when i was showing you around."

caspian moved to the side, and revealed to me a beautifully arranged bedroom. i walked in and took in the room's calming atmosphere. the room looked like it belonged to a princess.

"i get to stay here?" i asked, quietly in awe.

caspian hummed. "well, i couldn't just leave you in the forest, could i?"

"i guess not." i set bambi down, and he immediately jumped onto the bed and started making biscuits on the soft lilac colored bedding.

i took everything that's happened into consideration. i exhaled a shaky breath, and slowly turned around to face the king behind me.