𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

the rest of the week brushed by quicker than what felt usual. just like that, it was the day of my coronation.

it was ironic, really. when i first got here, all i wanted to do was go home. 

now? i just want to stay for as long as i can.

my time here made me realized just for out of place i felt in the real world. here, i feel so much more at ease. more in tune with myself. more loved.

the feeling left an ache in my heart.

i sat at my vanity, staring at my reflection in the mirror. neema, and a few others attendants helped to get me ready for my 'big day' as they called it.

i was dressed in a baby blue sleeveless dress, a sky blue bow tied around the waist. a pair of matching baby blue silk gloves were set perfectly on my arms.

there wasn't much to do with my hair since it was already done, but a few braids were pulled back into a ponytail, a matching sky blue ribbon decorating it.

now i really looked like a princess.

i sighed, pushing the ache aside and opened the doors to the balcony. people of all sorts were ushered into the castle. all the colors, the people, and the warm feeling littered in the atmosphere made me feel better. after all, who wouldn't be at least a little bit excited for a coronation?

even if i would have to leave, i was glad i got to experience this entire journey and what came along with it.

it was really a dream come true.

i looked at the time. the ceremony started in an hour.

"bambi?" i called.

my cat lifted his head from his resting position on the bed. even he was all dolled up for the occasion. by that, i just mean that he was wearing a diamond collar.

"come on." 

he let out a short, soft meow before hopping off the bed and following me out my bedroom.

for once, the halls were empty. the only sound filling them was the light clicking sound of my shoes against the floor. 

we wandered the halls for a while before finally stopping at the library. my eyes skimmed over shelf after shelf, book after book, but there wasn't really anything that caught my eye.

or so i thought.

there was certain king sitting at one of the tables, reading a book. he was dressed in a cream colored suit embroidered with gold threads. 

he looked so so gorgeous.

"..and here i thought you would off somewhere socializing." 

caspian looked up from the pages of his book, and directed his attention to me. his eyes widened once his eyes landed on me. "look at you," he sighed softly, almost breathless. he gave me one of those smiles that made me go crazy. "you are a rare jewel," 

the breathlessness of his voice, his loving gaze, and the soft red that painted his cheeks was driving me crazy. "thank you," i whispered. he was about to say something but bambi cut him off by rubbing against his legs, purring. caspian chuckles, "hello bambi."

bambi sat and meowed at the king, pupils wide.

i looked at my cat. "attention whore." i muttered. an adorable one but still.

he meowed once more. caspian chuckled again.

me and caspian looked back at each other. his eyes were soft on me as he gently pulled the glove off my left arm. he held my hand in his and brought it to his lips, placing a soft kiss on my knuckles. "you look beautiful, y/n."

"as do you." i said. "well, handsome. you look handsome."

"thank you, my lady." he laughed.

we stayed in the library for the remaining minutes of the hour, simply basking in the light of each other's company. we were sitting next to each other, my head rested on his shoulder, and our fingers intertwined. 

"your majesty,"

we both turned around to face the faun who called him. "it's time."

caspian thanked the faun as he left, then turned to me. "are you ready?"

if i'm being honest.. "not really." i used a soft laugh to cover up the nervousness that i feared was in my voice. i slipped my glove back up my arm. 

"you're going to do perfectly fine," caspian reassured. he gave me his arm, and i hooked mine around his. "you think so?"

"i know it."

and there he goes again, sending a wave of comfort my way.

"how do you do that?" i asked as we walked down the empty halls.

his head tilted to the side slightly out of confusion. "do what?"

"make people feel so at ease." caspian playfully rolled his eyes. "i'm sorry to say that i do not know, princess."

"oh, please." i laughed. 

"truly!" caspian defended, laughing. "i do not know. maybe it's because you think i am so comforting."

he did have a point. "maybe."

before i knew it, we were at the grand doors of the throne room. caspian looked me in the eyes, and asked me for the second time, "are you ready?"

bambi meowed, and i took a deep breath, something i did all the time. whether it be for a skating competition, fighting for my life in the foyer, or walking into my coronation.

"as i'll ever be." i told him.

and i was. i felt ready for whatever was coming next.

'it's a dance.' i told myself.

the doors opened. we both looked forward.

everyone in the congregation looked back. caspian whispered, "don't pay attention to them. just look forward." i gave him a small nod as a response, before we walked forward.

walking down that aisle felt painfully slow, but at the same time, painfully quick.

aslan stood tall next to the two thrones at the end of the aisle behind the original four. i'd known that one was caspian's, but the one next to his throne was new. and wasn't there before.

it was beautifully made, with half of my starflake carved into the top of it.

caspian gave me a soft smile as we let go of each other. i stood in front of aslan, head bowed in reverence. i could feel his warm smile on me. 

"today we recognize a true royal," he began. "narnia will forever remember what you have done."

caspian walked in front of me, carrying a silver tiara decorated with opal and small diamonds, and carefully placed it on top of my head. i lifted my head, and turned to face the people of narnia, a blissful smile littered on my face.

"to the stars that shine in the heavens above, i give you princess y/n, the alluring."

the crowd before me cheered joyously, and i couldn't wipe the smile off my face. just a few weeks ago, i was just a girl in a city. a tiny spec compared to so many others. now, i was royalty.

the celebration afterwards was unlike anything i could've imagined. the ballroom was filled with laughter and excitement. my heart had never been as full as it was today.

the night seemed to last forever, and i felt like everything was exactly as it should be.