𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

it's been a week since the coronation.

life here has been a dream, maybe even better than a dream. the people, the magic, the atmosphere.

this entire experience was something i would never forget.

bambi was sitting in my lap, purring away, as i stroked his back. he was still wearing his fancy diamond collar. i was in a cream colored dress with faint flower embroidery, and a string pearl bracelet.

i was sitting in the bay window, look out at the garden, tracing my finger over intricately embroidered pillows, simply thinking.

i was used to having responsibilities. they'd been something i lived with damn near my entire life. and the ones here didn't seem all too bad compared to the ones back home. being a princess wasn't bad. it's just that dreams always came to an end once you wake up.

and this one was coming to an end.

and soon enough, i would be back home, living out my lonely, newly romanticized life.

so this time, i made a promise to myself that i would be sure to keep.

even though my time here has felt short, i would always cherish it.

with a small sigh, i lightly cracked open the window, smelling the sweet scent in the air, and listening to the light, indistinct chatter below.

a knock on my door slightly shook bambi and me, but we quickly brushed it off.

"who is it?" i asked.

"it's neema!" she called from behind the door. "can i come in?"

of course, i told her yes, and she waltzed in with a smile on her face.

"you haven't been out all day," she says. "i just thought i would come up and check on you and bambi."

"that's sweet of you, neema." i smiled. bambi purred some more. neema set next to me. "how do you feel?" she asked. i hummed, starting to think.

"..i really don't know."

i had been thinking about so many different things, i guess i just went blank.

all i knew was that i was leaving soon, and i didn't know how to feel about it exactly. not anymore at least.

"what do you mean?" neema's eyebrows furrowed, and her head tilted slightly.

"i don't know how i should feel." that was a better way of putting it. neema hummed.  "i know that feeling." she rubbed bambi's head. "there's nothing you can really do about it until something happens,"

"yeah."

she was right. that's usually how it played out.

"but you can always find unique perspectives." neema continues. "it all depends on how you look at the matter."

"you're right." i looked out the window and smiled. i turned back to my friend. "you give really good advice, you know that?"

"so i've been told." neema laughed softly.

we stayed in the room, just chatting for a while before another knock rung against the door. "i'll get it." neema said, getting up. "your majesty," she greeted. i turned my head, and immediately a smile made its may onto my face. caspian had entered the room.

he greeted neema, who shot me a playful, but mischievous look.

"i'll leave you two."

she saw my (failed) blank stare and laughed as she exited the room. 'this girl, i swear..'