𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲

rays of sunlight peeked through the windows of the room, signaling that the morning had come. the light hit my face, and all i did was roll over. i had been awake most of the night trying to work on my glyphs, and trying to answer all the questions that kept popping into my head.

i probably got a good two hours of sleep in total.

there was a knock on the door. i groaned and pulled the covers over my head. i felt bambi walk over me, and jump off the bed. he started scratching the door and meowing.

"bambi, i swear.."

he chirped, and kept scratching. i groaned. there was a small laugh coming from the other side. "y/n? may i come in?"

it was neema.

"yeah.."

she opened the door, and giggled upon seeing me still slumped in bed. "i thought you might've went straight to bed after last night."

"i thought so too." i mumbled from under the covers.

i felt neema sit on the bed, bambi too. she slowly pulled the lilac cover off of me. "what kept you awake? i see you ate all the sweets i left you."

i sat up, rubbed my eyes, and moved braids out my face.

"i was trying to figure out how these glyphs work, and was up longer than i expected." i explained what i had learned last night to neema, who hummed in interest. she thought about something for a moment.

"have you thought that possibly your glyphs could be incorporated into your own movements?"

"what do you mean?"

"what i mean is, what if the glyphs can be used for different things? glyphs are a thing of myth here. it is said that the wielder can do extraordinary things with them. the limits could be endless aside from them simple being a solid surface that you're able to move based on whim."

she made a good point.

i hummed. "maybe.."

i thought back to two days ago. specifically, the ramp of glyphs i made to get to the forest floor. once i started to glide down them, it felt like they were pushing me. almost as if you were riding a bike down a steep hill, almost.

and if there's a push, there's always an opposite force. so, what if i could incorporate the same with the glyphs?

guess who's pulling another all-nighter?

"let's not worry about that right now, though," neema said, basically reading my mind. "you start your sword training today, remember?" she gave me a playful look, yet it was reminiscent of a mother.

"yes, i remember." i laughed, swinging the soft lilac covers off my legs, and standing up to stretch. neema and i followed our new morning routine, and together (with bambi, of course), we went down to the dining hall for breakfast.

it was still weird, seeing as i still felt stares following me wherever i went around cair paravel, but thankfully, neema was with me to ease things.

as i went to sit in an empty seat, i heard a energetic, noble voice call out to me. "good morning, y/n!" i looked next to me to see reepicheep perched on the back of one of the chairs. "good morning." i replied, sitting down in the empty seat next to his.

"long night?"

"how can you tell?"

"your tired eyes, clearly." he laughed. "that obvious?"

"only a little." the mouse reassured.

nonstop chatter went on at the table as everyone ate. the sun peeked through the stain glass windows along the walls, and occasionally hit the crystal chandelier above us all. thankfully, i wasn't so tired that i couldn't admire it.