𝐚 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

i fell to my knees and dropped my sword with an exhale, and caught my breath. 'i did it.. i actually did it.'

soon enough, everyone who'd been evacuated, led by reepicheep and caspian, came back into the foyer, and examined the aftermath of the battle. i lifted my head when a meow filled my ears. bambi was running to me. he jumped in my arms and rubbed his furry head against my chest. "hi, boy." i whispered, patting his head.

"y/n!" caspian called out to me. "your eye!" he didn't waste a moment before cutting a piece of cloth off of his tunic and using it to clean the blood from my eye. i winced. with that pure adrenaline gone, and i felt everything again. "i'm sorry." he whispered. "can you get up?" he asked. "barely."

caspian placed his hand behind my back, and his other under my knees. bambi jumped off my lap and followed as he carried me past the crowd of people. he kissed my temple. i rested my head on his shoulder. "i did it.." i whispered. caspian's thumb rubbed against my waist, "yes, y/n." he had a small smile on his face. "you did."

my eyes were getting heavier with every step he took. "mm.. 'm tired."

caspian called for someone, most likely a medic, but i was too out of it to even comprehend what was going on. i'd used too much energy during that fight.

"don't close your eyes yet.." caspian's voice was so soft, so sweet. it trailed off like a dream. oh, how i loved his voice..

i closed my eyes.

and there i was in that same diamond, mirror like dreamscape where i first met aslan. and there he was. standing tall, and shaking his mane. i was wearing a silver corset top dress. fresh snow and iridescent stardust littered the ground.

"you've done well, y/n." he said, his noble voice let out a low purr. "very well, indeed."

i looked to my side, seeing my reflection in the mirror like walls. i brushed my fingers over my eye. it wasn't bleeding anymore, but a scar had made a home over my eyelid.

"aslan," i began. the curls of my braids flowed in the soft wind that brushed through the regal lion's mane. i smiled. "i'm glad you brought me here." aslan chuckled. "as am i, dear one."

i couldn't hold back, i rushed and hugged him. he laughed and put a paw around me. "thank you."

"of course." we broke our hug. "now, i believe it's time for you to wake up. there's a certain king waiting for you, princess." he winked, and bowed his head. the snow and stardust flowed up like a stream until aslan was out of sight.

i opened my eyes, and was met with the sight of my room in cair paravel. i turned my head and saw a certain king sitting in a chair, reading a book. "whatcha readin'?" i asked, sitting up. caspian's head turned quickly to face me. he smiled. "you're awake."

"how long what i out?"

"a day."

"not so bad.."

neema entered the room, carrying a glass of water. she smiled at the sight of me awake. "y/n! ah, i'm so glad you're alright!" she placed the glass down and rushed to hug me. "you too."

"what happened?" caspian asked. "after we all left?"

"well," i told them the entire story. from the suit of armor to encasing eiran in ice.

"i'm proud of you." caspian said, holding my hand. "as are we." neema said, holding bambi in her arms. i smiled. "thank you." i lifted the duvet and swung my legs over the edge of the bed, doing my best to stretch the soreness out of them.

"oh!" i almost forgot." i saw him again. aslan." i clarified. both neema and caspian looked at me with surprise evident in their eyes. "what did he say?" neema asked, letting bambi flop freely on the covers near me. "just told me that i did well, and that he was glad he brought me here. and, he called me princess."