𝐬𝐤𝐲𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥

usually when people go skydiving, they feel a multitude different things. adrenaline, excitement, and maybe even happiness to name a few. but me?

i'm absolutely terrified. you wanna know why?

because unlike a skydiver, i don't have a parachute.

in other words, i'm free falling to my death.

"this is what i get for going through a tv!"

i shut my eyes and waited, the feeling of my stomach dropping was making me feel sick, and my scream was stuck in my throat.

i pleaded to whatever deity or god that was out there to spare me.

and then.. i stopped falling.

something had stopped me. i looked down. some sort of magic circle was under me. it was a soft white and looked to be partial to a snowflake or and even a star. the rings around it reminded me of saturn with the way they spun slowly around the beautiful design in the middle. upon further inspection, i noticed that there were small swirls and symbols in between the two rings.

 (pic above! a/n: if you know where the glyph (the circle) comes from, you can probably guess who i took inspiration from tehe 🤭)

i stayed there for a while, but surprisingly, it gave me some time to think. about what was happening, about maybe was going to happen.

but my thoughts were interrupted by a certain ragdoll cat landing perfectly right in front of me.

"bambi!" i picked him up and held him close to me, all while making sure he wasn't hurt anywhere. "you followed me?" he meowed, and nuzzled his head into my chest.

i looked at how far the ground was. a sigh escaped me. but just the, an idea popped into my head.

"hm.. i wonder.."

i stood up. maybe whatever this circle thing was could safely get me to the ground. and as if it read my mind, multiple of those circles appeared and arranged themselves into a sort of ramp.

"huh."

i looked at bambi. "you ready?" he meowed, and i slid down as if i was skating. it almost felt natural, if you could believe it. not the skating part, but sliding down the circles.

once bambi and i reached the ground, i sighed in relief. but that relief was quickly dissipated when bambi's ears perked up upon hearing voices in the distance.

"ah shit." i muttered. bambi leaped out my arms and ran. i followed him.

but we ended up getting stuck at a dead end.

"double shit." i groaned, rubbing my eyes, just wanting to go home.

my thoughts were interrupted by bambi hissing at whoever just found us.

"excuse me, miss."

i turned around to see probably the prettiest man i've ever seen in my life. he had shoulder length brown hair, matching honey brown eyes, and a stubble of a beard coming in. his voice was sweet like a dream, but also mesmerizingly deep. there was a faint spanish accent laced in it too.

"gyat-" i stopped myself.

i leaned forward and picked bambi back up.

"hi." i said. what else was i supposed to say? 

"are.. you in need of assistance of some kind?"

his voice was a kind and gentle. almost as if he knew i was in trouble.

"sort of?"

he chuckled. "i think if i just fell from the sky, my answer would be less of a question."

"you.. saw that?"

he smiled and nodded his head. 'triple shit.'

"what you did up there was quite impressive. with the glyphs."

'i did that?' "huh. i guess so.."

it was quiet for a moment before he spoke again.

"what's your name?"

i was sort of hesitant, but something told me to trust him. divine intuition has never failed me before, and has yet to fail me, so.

"..y/n. yours?"

"i'm caspian."

(a/n: caspian is twenty and y/n is nineteen)