𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧

caspian and i stayed downstairs for a little while longer before deciding to join lucy, edmund, and the rest of the crew up on the deck. caspian placed one last kiss on my jaw before i hopped off my seat on his desk.

the light from the window shone in the room, just over the diamond on my neck. the little glint of light stopped just below the king's eye, causing him to wince. he looked back to determine the source. his eyes softened when they stopped at my collarbone, where my pendant rested.

"you still wear it?"

"of course i do." i kissed his cheek as i passed him. "it was a gift from someone i love."

i couldn't see it, but i'm sure he was smiling as went up the stairs to the upper deck.

the sun was bright, and the ocean was a gorgeous shade of blue. i leaned against the rails. bambi was off wandering the deck. "it's beautiful." lucy took up a spot next to me. "isn't it?" she sighed happily. the smile on her face could light up the night.

we simply stood there, watching the waves go by. we turned when caspian emerged from downstairs. lucy's soft 'oh' made me turn my head.

"what?" i asked.

"you have a bruise of some sort right.." she pointed at the side of my neck. "there."

did this mf give me a hickey?

i felt the spot.

yes, he did.

"i didn't even notice.." i deadpanned. lucy laughed. "you should be a bit more careful, then. you don't want any more bruises anywhere."

"no, i don't." i smiled, my eyes darting over to caspian. he looked at me a smirked, shrugging his shoulders playfully. i crossed my arms at him.

lucy and i continued to talk, but the sound of swords caught our attention. we maneuvered between a few people before seeing both caspian and edmund sparring in the middle of the deck.

the crew cheered as the two clashed. the smiles on their faces was enough to put one on my face. lucy's too.

by the end of it, caspian's blade rested just at edmund's neck, declaring him the victor. the panted as they backed away from each other.

"you've grown stronger, my friend." caspian told edmund, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder before twirling the blade in his hands.

"seems i have." edmund replied, smiling.

the clapping died down, but it was evident that the crew was still eager for more.

caspian and edmund (and bambi, though he was sitting contently in my arms) joined me and lucy. caspian gestured to the blade strapped at my hip, and smirked. "do you think you're up for a quick spar, y/n?"

i hummed, tilting my head up at him. "i don't know.. it has been a year." i stepped forward, almost challenging. "and besides," it was my turn to smirk. i poked a finger at his chest. "i have the clear advantage here."

"then you should have nothing to worry about."

"is that a challenge, your majesty?" i asked, cocking my head to the side. caspian smirked.

"only if that is what you want this to be, princess."

"hm." i thought for a moment. "fine." the crowd around us cheered. i passed bambi over to lucy, who gladly took him.

"i can't wait to see this." i heard edmund say before walking out to further deck.

caspian and i both took our positions, and drew our blades.

"just remember you asked for this." i laughed.

"i didn't plan on forgetting, love."

i hummed, narrowing my eyes at him. caspian struck first, but i parried it. we went back and forth for a little while.

i laughed. "are you even trying?" i teased.

"are you?" caspian retaliated, a smile on his face.

things from then on got a bit more challenging. caspian's strikes became faster and more calculated. i was being backed into the ship's mast before finally deciding to use my trump card. i blocked caspian's next strike by spinning to the side. i placed a glyph under me and used it dodge his attacks more easily. 

"there she is." caspian sighed, smirking.

i smiled at him. "i was already here."

after a few more strikes, i finally caught caspian in a moment of weakness, and pointed my blade at his neck. he smiled down at me and put his hands up in surrender. everyone around us cheered. i put my sword back into its hilt.

"did that meet your standards, your majesty?" i asked playfully.

"more than enough, princess." he said, still smiling down at me.