𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

(quick note before we begin! just know that i can't write the best fight scenes so if this is turns out to be bad, then damn)

the suit of armor reached i don't know how many feet above me, and its sword was ten times bigger than my own. 

i didn't even have any time to think before i had a giant broadsword swinging my way. luckily, i flipped out the way. i changed my stance and lunged forward, causing a quick clash that send silver sparks flying between our blades. eiran laughed, and his suit of armor swung the giant blade again. i rushed out the way and ended up getting a few hits in before it swung me back a few feet. 

i looked forward, but.. it wasn't there. i looked up. "are you serious?!" the damn thing was in the air, and coming down at me fast. i dodged, and dodged the second low swing it sent my way. 

"alright, then.." i mumbled to myself as pale light gathered on the tips of my fingers, and put it to the floor, creating a glyph. i took off, striking anywhere i could, both above and below its waist.

i jumped off another, and seeing how that strike almost got the sword out of its hands, i decided that's what i would focus on. getting the weapon out of the suit of armor's hands long enough for me to beat it. or at least long enough for me to break it down a little bit.

i had been moving from glyph to glyph, barely making scratches on this thing. i'd landed on another glyph and caught my breath for a split moment before having to jump over another swipe. i thought i was safe, but it was short lived. next thing i knew, the armor swung back its fist, there was a sharp pain on my eye, and i was on the ground.

eiran laughed from the balcony. "is that all?" he made the suit of armor stop. "this is what i was destined to battle?" he walked along that metallic substance and stood confident atop his summon's head. "oh please!" he laughed. "this is pathetic." 

'c'mon, y/n, get up.' i told myself over and over. my eye was killing me, my everything was killing me. but, that's to be expected if a some giant sentient suit of steel armor punches you across the room and sends you crashing onto the floor. i propped myself up on my elbows and looked up. 

"let me tell you a story, little girl." eiran walked slowly across the armor's sword.

"there was once a man. and this man was the most extraordinary being on the face of this world. and all he wanted was to be the best. so what did he do? he charged through every damn obstacle in his path to get what he wanted. no matter the costs, no matter who he had to hurt or kill. but, the one final thing he wanted wasn't attainable."

his eyes felt like they were burning holes into me. eiran cold gaze transformed into another unsettling grin. "until he found out that what he truly wanted was being guarded by a stupid, defenseless little girl, who didn't even know what she was doing."

it was obvious that this 'story' was about himself.

"so," eiran walked back up the sword, and to the balcony. he lazily rested against the railing.

"what did the man do? or should i say what is he going to do?" he laughed again. he pointed his sword at me. so did the armor. 

"he's going to do what he's always done. hurt or kill who he has to, to get what he wants." he growled.

pure adrenaline had taken over my body. slowly, i stood up. "well.. that's too bad, isn't it?" i forced out. "excuse me?" eiran choked out in another quick laugh. "too bad what?"

"it's too bad that this girl isn't what you think she is."

the chamber spun, and my blade was coated in red. eiran straightened in both curiosity and intrigue. his suit of armor ran forward with a powerful strike. i blocked it with my blade, sending the armor back a few feet with fiery red dust. the chamber spun again, this time, the blade coated itself in pale blue. i struck my blade into the ground, creating huge shards of ice, trapping the armor's feet. it prepared to swing its blade again. this time, i ran forward. now, i was on the armor's blade.

the chamber of my sword spun for the third time. this time, green. one swipe and the sword was out the armor's hands, and i was back on the ground. a blue glyph formed under me. i held out my sword, and the chamber spun for the fourth time. 

i rolled out the way to dodge a punch, then drew my sword back again. a light blue glyph appeared at the tip of the blade, and a larger matching one underneath. it changed colors for a split moment before sending the armor into the air.

eiran mumbled something under hie breath, but i had to ignore it. i had deal with this sentient first.

i stretched out my arms, and six small glyphs appeared. with a flick of my wrist, they were sent over to the armor, holding it in place.

'i could do this.'

another strong shot of adrenaline surged through me. 'fight through the pain. have faith in your abilities.'

i jumped on a glyph, and there i was, high above the ground almost touching the ceiling. time seemed to slow as the chamber spun for the last time. each vial in the sword's chamber, and every engraving embedded in my sword shimmered with a dazzling white glow. a glyph pushed me toward the armor, and i delivered the final strike.

the suit of armor fell to the floor with a glass-like shatter. small particles of light formed another glyph on my hand. but it had a different look than my normal ones. yes, the starflake (that what i decided to call the design in my glyphs) was still in the middle, but it was tiny. and around it, there were four swords and other symbols. 

"huh."

i took the moment to catch my breath. 

"well, well.." eiran cooed. i stiffened. he was walking down the steps, his sword tight in his hands, and a sick smirk on his face. "it seems i was wrong after all." his stance changed. i went into mine. my sword was still glowing white.

"let's get down to business, shall we?"

the new glyph disappeared. "yeah." i stood tall. "let's get down to business."

he rushed forward, and so did i. our blade clashed back to back for what seemed like hours. i couldn't keep this up for long. i needed to finish this.

"haven't you had enough?" eiran growled, sending a metallic spike my way. i used a glyph to block it , and send in flying in another direction. "i'm just warming up actually." i bit back, sending my own ice shard his way. he dodged, but not quick enough. my ice nicked his cheek.

"you could use the extra color, you know." i snapped, referencing to the blooming red on his cheek. he shouted in anger before charging at me with full force.

'it's a dance.'

i closed my eyes. i saw a rink. dazzling spotlights, and the shimmer of ice. the sound of a glyph appearing made me open my eyes. 'it's a dance.'

so that's what i did. danced. just like i was on the ice.

in all honesty, i forgot i was in the middle of a fight.

because all i was seeing and feeling, was me. i was skating. and i was happy. i laughed.

i found myself again.

eiran's angry shouts completely breezed over me. next thing i knew, he was disarmed, and stuck on a black glyph with my blade pointed at his throat. i tilted my head ever so slightly. "am i still a stupid, defenseless little girl, eiran?"

he stayed silent, his eyes sharp. "i'll take your silence as a no." the glyph under him turned blue, and he slowly became encased in ice. i pulled my sword away just as the ice reached his neck. i pushed the now statue of eiran over, and he fell to the floor, shattering like glass. just like his suit of armor, which was now mine. 

the shard of glass dissipated into thin air.

it was over.

i did it.