𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥

caspian offered to take me back to castle cair paravel to help with my situation better. which was sweet, but i did have my concerns.

bambi fidgeted in my arms a little before jumping back down to my feet.

"how did you know i needed help?" i asked him. he turned in my direction, and looked at me with soft eyes and a smile. "i've dealt with similar situations before."

i couldn't help but smile back.

we walked for a minute before making it to another clearing in the forest. this one was bigger than the one bambi and i landed in.

but, i guess he was with an entourage of some kind because there were a few other men with him. i heard a few whispering when they finally saw me.

normal things like 'who is that?'. hopefully that was it.

i skimmed my eyes over a few of them. a few were, and a few weren't human. i smiled with wonder. a few even smiled back at me, which helped my uneasiness. for the most part, at least. my eyes landed on a man who looked almost out of place. something was just.. off about him. the threatening aura coming from him made me shrink under his ice cold glare. i looked to the side, then back in his direction. 

he was gone. like he wasn't even there to begin with.

'maybe.. maybe i'm just seeing things..'  i thought. but, there was a unsettling feeling in my stomach after that. 'no.. he was definitely there..' 

to that, there was no doubt.

"and who might this be, your majesty?" a noble sounding voice said, but.. i couldn't tell who said it.

"this is y/n. i found her in a nearby clearing."

then i saw who said it.

"you're a mouse."

i didn't even mean to say it, oh my god. what if that was racist?

but the mouse only chuckled. "that isn't the first time someone has said that to me, miss y/n. let me introduce myself. my name is reepicheep." he blatantly looked at caspian. that made me laugh a little. "nice to meet you, reepicheep."

then i remembered. i have bambi. and bambi's a cat. a cat's instinct is to kill mice. i looked down. he was getting ready to pounce.

"bambi no-" but he ran forward anyway. reepicheep managed to evade his attack and climb up caspian's shoulder.

"i'm so sorry!" i ran over and picked my cat up before he could pounce again. "it's quite alright, really." reepicheep laughed.

"everything is set and ready to go, sire." one of the men said.

wait.. sire? your majesty?

oh my god.

i was too busy in my own thoughts that i didn't notice the carriage pull up behind us.

"y/n." caspian chuckled softly. i turned around. he had his hand out for me to take. i hesitated a little, but placed my hand in his, and let him help me into the carriage. his hand was warm. comforting. and soft.

i put my bag on the floor next to my feet, and bambi on the baby blue velvet seat next to me. after a minute or two, caspian joined me inside and sat across from me.

along the way, he asked me questions about how i came to be here, and answered all my questions.  i didn't know this had been going on for almost two hours.

"okay, i have one last question." caspian said.

"ask away."

"what's in your bag?" he asked carefully. "you don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable, i'm simply curious."

"oh! it's fine, it's just my skating stuff."

"skating?"

i hummed in response. "i figure skate."

there was confusion in his face. it was cute. "i guess you don't have that here, huh?"

"i'm sad to say that we don't. perhaps you'll show me?"

i smiled. "i'd love too." he smiled back.

god, he really had to me the most handsome guy i've ever met. there was no way this was real. that he was real.

next thing i knew, he had arrived at a.. a castle.

a legit fairytale castle.

caspian got out first, and chuckled again at my awestricken face. i was broken out of my trance by the feeling of his hand in mine again.

once he had helped me out the carriage, his soft expression held a bright smile as he led me up to the grand doors, his hand still holding lightly onto mine. of course, with bambi following close behind.

"y/n, welcome to cair paravel."