𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞

"what's going on?" caspian asked someone as we entered cair paravel.

"we have no idea, your majesty." they said. "then why were the alarms sounded?"

all of a sudden, the grand doors of cair paravel flew open with a gust of wind, pushing back almost everyone in front of the doors. i looked up after the wind dissipated to see the threatening looking man i saw when i first got here, standing on the smooth stone surface just in front of the entrance.

now that i got a better look at him, i could more clearly see the murderous intent in his cold, crystal blue eyes and the mean smirk adorning his face. he looked around, then looked dead at me. then all of a sudden, i felt insignificant. like an ant against a person.

i was scared i was going to be crushed.

he was wearing a suit of a black and a pale icy blue, complimenting both his eyes, and his pale skin. he had a claymore on his back.

"who are you?" the words slipped out of my mouth. his smirk grew as he took the sword off his back and dragged it along the marble as she stepped inside. it left a trail of silver frost of some sort on the ground. he pointed the sword at me and caspian, and about four knights posted at the entrance drew their swords at the man.

"i.. am the one i assume aslan warned you about."

'"you possess a gift here in narnia. a gift one would kill to possess."'

shit.

he struck his sword into the floor. "if you really must know, my name is eiran, miss y/n. and you have something that should rightfully belong to me."

caspian stepped in front of me. "i'm afraid y/n doesn't have anything you want." he said it so calmly. but his voice held a bit of hostility. "oh," eiran laughed. "but she does, and you know it, your majesty."

eiran flicked his free hand to the side, and the four men in front of us were flung across the room. "now," eiran had raised his voice, causing me to jump at his sudden raise in volume. he tilted his head to see past caspian, and made eye contact with me. "cair paravel has just been rebuilt. it would be such a shame to render it to ruins yet again. wouldn't you agree?"

he moved caspian to the side, and came closer. my body wouldn't move. all i could do was stand there like a deer in headlights. "so, miss y/n," his cold fingers lifted my chin to meet his eyes. "be a good girl and give me what i want."
(a/n; pause lmao)

my words were stuck in my goddamn throat. i couldn't do a damn thing but stare.

but then i noticed something from my peripheral vision.

caspian had picked up one of the swords from off the ground. we made eye contact for a split second before he ran forward and pushed eiran away from me. he looked at caspian with a smirk. "you're a sly one, aren't you?"

caspian made eye contact with me again. his eyes told me to run. i was reluctant, but he gave me a small nod.

so i ran.

"and where do you think you're going?"

i was halfway up the staircase when a bolt of silver struck the side of the railing, causing it to break into individual spikes. i was lucky enough to not get caught by one. i took the quickest double take of life before continuing my dash up the stairs.

"neema!" i called. her and bambi turned around to face me. i pulled them into my room.

"y/n, what's going on?" neema was clearly confused. bambi jumped into my arms, doing his best to help me calm my heavy breathing with his purring.

"remember.." i had to take another breath. "remember how i was telling you about that thing i'm supposed to be ready for?"

she nodded.

"yeah, he's here."

"now?!"

"yes, now!" i moved hair from in front of my face. "and i don't know what to do, caspian is downstairs holding him off, and i feel stupid because i couldn't even get a damn word out, and-"

"y/n!" neema cut me off. i looked at her. she placed her hands on my shoulders.

"with things like this, you'll never know what to do." she said.

"way to sugarcoat things, neema." i deadpanned. my friend chuckled. "you have to let me finish."

she helped me calm down, then continued speaking. "you may not know what to do or how to do it, but you have something important. you have your gift, yes, but more importantly, you have hope, and people here that care for you."

..neema was right. i nodded, and felt a new surge of confidence coming over me.

i could do this. i had to do this.

i sat bambi down next to me and picked up my sword, looking over its beautiful engraving. i went to the door. but, stopped.

"hey, neema?"

"yes?"

"you still have that outfit?"

neema gasped like a child when they're given candy and bolted to the closet.

she helped me change on record speed. neema took a good look and decided, "you're ready."

i nodded quickly, then remembered what neema said to me. "mm, yeah. yeah, i am."

i opened the door. the hallway was deathly quiet.

"stay here, please. and watch over bambi?"

"of course." neema picked bambi up. "good luck, y/n." she told me. i began to walk out the door.

'i'm gonna need it..'