𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

going through that mirror made me feel all sorts of things. anxiousness, excitement, and everything in between. what would everything be like? who would be there?

the shimmering blue light dissipated only moments later. but something felt.. off. it almost felt like i was floating. my eyes were closed, so i couldn't really tell. but once the wind hit my face, i had no doubt why i felt like i was floating.

because i was falling through the sky.

again.

"you have got to me kidding me!!" i yelled.

and it wasn't like last time when i fell in a forest. oh no, i was falling toward the ocean.

i caught bambi, and held him close to me. 'please still work..'

i waved my finger in the air, and thank goodness, i stopped falling before hitting the water.

the glyphs worked. 'i'm back.'

i made sure bambi was alright before looking around. but then the waves seemed to getting louder. i furrowed my brows in confusion before turning around. "oh, what the fuck?"

a grandiose ship sailed by, its plum purple sails flailing with the wind.

i don't think this counts as 'just another day' anymore.

i was getting ready to make a path for myself, but then i heard a very familiar voice.

"y/n?"

i looked up, blocking my eyes from the beaming sun as i tilted my head up. and there he was, looking over the railing at me. i moved my hand from in front of my face simply to make sure it was really him.

"caspian?"

a bright smile took over his gorgeous face as he nodded his head. it only made the smile on my own face grow wider. "hi." i said, softly laughing through the word. "hi." caspian chuckled. he held his hand out to me. i used a few glyphs as steps, and took his hand. caspian gently lifted me over the railing and onto the ship. bambi hopped over the railing and sat next to my feet.

as caspian announced my arrival to who i assume was the captain of the ship (and the crew), i found myself lost in the king, yet again.

he's gotten a bit taller, and i dare say even more handsome than last i saw him. it made me wonder how long it had been here.

caspian looked at me with bright eyes and a soft smile. "i've missed you." he whispered to me, rubbing his thumb along my knuckles. "i've missed you too, cas."

i don't know why, but time seemed to slow as the king leaned down to kiss me. it didn't matter that people could be watching, all that mattered to me was that i was here with him, back where i truly felt happy. when we pulled away, caspian looked at me with all the love in the world in his eyes. i could say i looked at him the same way.

"been a while." i said, laughing. "it has." caspian agreed. he began to lead me inside the boat. bambi followed. "how have you been?"

"good," i replied. "i've been pretty bored lately, but now that i'm here, not anymore."

"i'm glad to hear that." he smiled. "what about you?" i asked. caspian hummed. "i could say the same about myself. but at the same time, rather stressed."

"what for?"

caspian simply turned to me and smiled. "i'll tell you in a little bit," he opened the door for me. "first, there's two people i want you to meet."

he had a sly smile on his face. once again, i didn't know whether to feel anxious or excited. and it was clear from the look on my face. caspian gave me a reassuring look. "i promise you, there's no reason to be skeptical."