A Harsh Reality

~10 minutes ago~

It was almost too easy to get past Stitem's security. The citizens had lowered their guard, becoming comfortable with being unknown and untouchable. William was able to locate the weak points and the best one to infiltrate through. Being the cold-hearted man he is, he decided to eradicate the guards, not sparing a single one.

"Sir, while we located the girl, she is in a crowded area. It appears the citizens are having a celebration in the plaza." That was not a problem for William. In fact, it seemed more like an opportunity.

"So many people in one place? We could wipe them out easily. I don't see what the problem is" Before William could say anything else, a henchman tapped him on the shoulder. "What is it?"

"Sir, that woman just left the children there. I think that's the girl's mother" William looked at where the henchman was pointing and spotted Nora. As easy as it would be to take the children for his own purposes, it would be too risky. His main priority was finding the girl that he failed to recognize was right in front of him. William stalked Nora a certain distance before catching up and cornering her in an alleyway.

"Hello darling"

~Present~

Niko Nicolette and Ein arrived at the plaza taking in the lights and decorations. Nicolette smiled, smelling one of her favorite sweets. "This is so cool!" She skipped around, looking at everything. People were laughing and smiling as they mingled or enjoyed the music.

"Nicolette!" Natalie, Nicolette's best friend, jumped on her back, laughing.

"Natalie! I'm so glad you're here!" The two were inseparable.

"Did you try the Moon Cakes your mom made yet?" She asks.

"No, but my mouth is watering. I want to try them so bad. Dad always bragged about how mom makes the best moon cakes."

"Then come on, let's try them!" With that, Natalie grabs Nicolette's hand and drags her off to the food booths. Ein and Niko stood there unsure of what to do, and neither wanted to hang out with the other.

"You uh... you should go do what you want. I'll go over here," Ein suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea" Niko left to enjoy the festival.

"Now, what do I do?" His flower was gone, and he didn't know where Charles or Leroy were or if they even attended. While the guards restrained Nora, William used a cloaking device to stay out of sight. When Nora saw Nicolette within view, she started to panic. She had to warn her.

"Nicolette- one of the guards covered her mouth, cutting her off."

"Huh?" Nicolette stops and looks around. "Nat, did you hear that? I swear I heard someone say my name" Natalie shrugged.

"It's possible. I mean, everyone is talking to each other at this festival.

"True, perhaps I heard wrong" Nora's worry grew as she tried to figure out how to warn everyone. William grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him.

"Are you prepared? We're going to put on quite the show, Lyubov" Nora felt sick to her stomach. Just what did he have in mind? William wanted the timing to be absolutely perfect. He had to awaken them through fear if he wanted Nicolette's abilities to react with their true strength. He couldn't risk them awakening in any other way, as the power could be affected dramatically.

William spotted Atlas standing by one of the homes with Zayne and baby Alice in his arms. How he wanted to completely rip that boy apart. "I should've disposed of him when he was born" There was a burning hatred in William's eyes that no father should have toward their children. Atlas didn't even notice William was there as he bought a moon cake for Zayne.