A Trip to Paris

Niko leads Ein to his office within the casino. "There are things you aren't prepared for."

"Like?" Ein wanted Niko to tell him everything.

"She's not herself anymore, and in all honesty, she's probably been that way for years now."

"Different how Niko?"

"She's not in her own mind. She has this weird split personality like two people living inside her body, her and this other far more dangerous half."

"Is that what I saw that night? When she confronted William?" Niko sighs and nods.

"That part of her is known as Nyx, and she is incredibly dangerous when enraged or controlled. I've been to Russia a few times and have been able to speak to her."

"And the place you went to in Russia is William's estate, isn't it?" Ein asks.

"Actually, no, it's a lab in Moscow hidden underground and kept very secret. Our uncle works for him. You should know how secretive he is about his work." Ein nods. Their uncle Darren was always the type to keep his knowledge and projects secret from everyone except-.

"Wait, didn't Uncle Darren have an assistant, or what's the word... I don't know, but someone who learned under him!?"

"An apprentice? You're talking about my old pal Carlile, aren't you?" Niko and Carlile go way back to when they were children and used to hang out daily. They keep in contact, but Niko hasn't heard from him in ages.

"Yes! If anyone knows what Darren is up to, it could be Carlile! You and I should go to him together!" Niko's expression turns into one of shock before he starts laughing.

"Me? Go with you and leave my casino under no management? Real, real cute little bro. Look, I'd like nothing more than to help you, but I can't leave this place with nobody in charge." The casino was his pride and joy, and Niko wasn't going to leave and let it unfold into chaos.

"What if I could find someone capable of caring for the casino while you're gone?" Niko cocks his head to the right.

"Running an entire casino is not a job where you can just pluck someone right off the street, Ein."

"I know, I know, but I'm pretty sure I know someone more than capable of running your casino, and he's here with me right now. Well, not here here, but he's downstairs." Niko walks over to the glass wall at the back of his office and stares at the city, thinking to himself before turning around to face Ein again.

"Fine, since you trust this person so much, I'll leave the job of hiring them to you, but if they refuse, I am staying here and giving you directions to Carlile's last known location." Ein feels a lot of pressure as he leaves Niko's office to find Charles. If anyone could keep this place in order somehow, it would be Charles. Ein slides down the railing of the winding stairs and searches the lower floor for Charles. Charles has been busy serving customers and has become increasingly popular for his bartending skills.

"Charles!" Ein waves to him, hoping to catch his attention amongst the crowd.

"Ein! Excuse me, everyone." Charles gets out from behind the bar and pushes through everyone, remaining polite until he reaches Ein. "One minute, I'm searching for your brother. The next, I'm bartending nonstop!" Ein runs different sentences through his mind, trying to find the best way to ask Charles to temporarily handle Niko's business.

"Look... I have a favor to ask of you, and it is not a small one by any means, but if you could say yes, it would be doing me a solid." Charles immediately becomes suspicious.

"What favor would that be? Because I reek of alcohol right now." Ein hadn't noticed until Charles pointed it out.

"Oww wow yeah that's strong uh" he clears his throat. "I need you to run Niko's casino for a couple of days." Charles's jaw drops in disbelief.