A Bit Of Freedom

Nyx checks out her new outfit, made out of black leather. If she was going to wear anything, she would ensure it looked good. She feels the pointy metal heels of her thigh-high boots and smiles with satisfaction when she pricks her finger. She grabs the scissors and sits at a vanity, cutting her hair to ankle length. She can see Nicolette staring back at her from the mirror as she does so. "You're scared, aren't you?" Nyx asks her, feeling sympathetic.

"I want to see them... my brother, sister, dad, Ein, and Natalie." Tears well up in her eyes, and Nyx reaches her hand through the glass, wiping them away.

"Right now, things seem bleak, but I promise you you will see them again someday if I have anything to say about it. I'm not going to let that man completely destroy you if i have the will to do so." Nicolette looks at Nyx with hope in her eyes.

"He's going to torture us... do you think you can handle it?" Nicolette asks.

"I have no clue," Nyx admits. "I've always been used in the past but never to the extent this man wants to. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried. My power, well, our power, isn't one to be taken lightly." She says as she places her elbows on the vanity table and rests her head on her hands.

"I don't want to hurt anybody, and I can't handle seeing blood... with what happened to mom, I-"

"Relax, babydoll; I have a feeling we'll get through this even if it takes a few years," Nyx assures her.

"I'm only sixteen. I'm supposed to be out there living life, and- are you wearing a black leather top that shows off my breasts? And why is there a braid on either side of my head I... what are you wearing!?"

"What do you not like it? I thought it was fitting, seeing as our hair is black and our eyes switch between gold and red, and not to mention our figure is perfect for this type of outfit-"

"Nyx!" Nicolette exclaims. "This outfit makes me look like a whore!"

"Okay, no need to use the W word. I happen to think we look great."

"Change!" Nicolette says firmly. Nyx rolls her eyes and groans.

"But I don't wanna," she whines. "I haven't been able to control this body till now. At least let me have a little fun- wait a minute. I'm the one in charge of this body right now, not you." Nicolette's jaw drops open.

"You- that's not fair, Nyx. This is my body, too!" Nicolette was not happy with Nyx at the moment.

"Listen, when you take over occasionally, which I will let you, you can dress however you like, but me? This is my outfit~" Nyx says teasingly as she gets up and walks away from the vanity.

"Nyx! Ugh!" Nicolette yells from the mirror. "Unbelievable!"

~Mexico~

Ein manages to arrive safely at the Mexico City International Airport. He waits for the others to arrive while wandering the airport. He had barely managed to escape William's guards, and he was paranoid they knew where he was. Getting to Tepito safely was his main goal, but waiting for Leroy and Charles was really starting to test his patience. Ein found himself wandering and lying across a set of chairs for what felt like hours. "How long could it possibly take them to get here?" He says out loud.

He drifts off to sleep and is woken up by loud clashing and banging, making him jump up and pull out a banana from his pocket he had gotten earlier. "Who's there!?" He says drowsily.

"Really?" He hears Charles ask. "A banana is your self-defense?"

"Huh? This isn't a- oh shit" As Ein starts to wake up more, he realizes he is indeed holding a banana like a weapon. "Listen, I was tired," he says, embarrassed, throwing the banana into a nearby trash bin. "What took you guys so long? And where's Leroy?" He asks, looking around and behind Charles.