Their Escape

Having gone over the plan a few times and made sure each key component was there, Charles and Ein set off the find the third member of their party Leroy. Ein also brought rope in case Leroy didn't want to join them, which was a considerable possibility. Leroy was known for being the biggest scaredy cat and ladies' man of Stitem. Going door to door, Ein and Charles tried to locate Leroy.

Eventually, the duo headed to the local tavern hoping he'd be there. "What if he doesn't agree?" Charles asks.

"That's where the rope comes in. I will drag his ass out in a body bag if necessary." Charles isn't sure if Ein was joking or not.

"A body bag? Please tell me you aren't serious."

"Oh, I'm dead serious rope, chain, body bag, anything will work."

Ein scans the room until he spots the signature blonde hair.

"Leroy!" Leroy speaking to a woman, turns his head to face Ein.

"What do you want? Can't you see I'm trying to hang out with this lovely lady?" Ein grabs Leroy by the collar of his shirt and starts dragging him toward the door.

"Flirt later, Leroy. We have bigger things ahead of us." Leroy struggles to get his shirt free from Ein's grasp.

"Oh, come on! What could be so important that you have to ruin my fun over it!? It's not every day I get to flirt with a beautiful woman or two, let alone get to the bedroom!" Charles rolls his eyes and grabs Leroy by the legs, lifting him up and helping Ein carry Leroy out the door. "This is considered kidnapping, you know! Help! Help!"

Ein quickly covers Leroy's mouth glaring down at him. "God, why do you always have to pull this kind of shit?" Ein was visibly annoyed as he removed his hand from Leroy's mouth. He noticed saliva on his palm from Leroy licking it and immediately wiped it away. "Gross, Leroy!"

"Listen, you interrupt my fun. I interrupt your plans, Ein, and for fucks sake, Charles, put me down!" Charles sets Leroy down on the ground, and Ein crosses his arms.

"You're helping us, Leroy" Leroy raises an eyebrow.

"Forward, aren't you? What makes you think I'll help you with whatever crazy plan you've devised this time? In case you haven't heard the rumors yet, I'm not one to get caught up in chaos or anything scary." Leroy starts drinking some water from a local drinking fountain outside the tavern.

"We're going after Nicolette" Leroy nearly chokes on the water hitting his chest.

"Are you fucking insane!?" Leroy says with terror in his voice. "That's a fucking death sentence, and I'm not getting involved!"

"Leroy, we need you! We need your abilities!" Charles says, trying to get through to him.

"Oh, I see. You want to drag me into this cause I have the ability to walk through any object!? In other words, you probably want me to sneak into wherever Nicolette is and get her out of there, right? Fuck that. You can do it yourself" Leroy stands his ground showing just how serious he is.

"Please, Leroy?" Ein begs, "We've been best friends since we were kids, and we always said if one of us needs help, we'd help them" Leroy falters a little.

"Y-You can't seriously be holding onto a childhood promise."

"I am just like I'm holding onto my promise to be with Nicolette one day, and I want your help to make that happen, so help me!" Leroy bites the inside of his lip, struggling between rejecting and helping his best friend. Eventually, Leroy caves in.

"Fuck it... you're lucky I want to see you guys happy, even if that means I piss my pants in fear at the end of the day." He says in defeat. Ein gives him a hug of reassurance.