Take Your Notes

"Jason Voye? As in Tony's old boyfriend?" Ein goes wide-eyed as Charles points that out.

"Wait what!? You dated my mom!?" Jason only laughs.

"I did" he admits. "But I dated her back when she was Samantha and not Tony. I have to admit, I'm still getting used to your mother being trans."

"I never knew you dated my mom... now this feels weird."

"Well, how about we get inside and get you guys rested up? I imagine you're tired from riding all the way here." Leroy and Charles stare at the old rundown and abandoned house.

"I-in there? That place looks like it'll collapse any minute." Leroy points out. Jason laughs again.

"Come on, just walk through the door." Leroy steps back, allowing Charles to walk through the door first, and the minute he does, he can't believe his eyes. The house is completely renovated and functioning.

"How is this- how? I don't understand." he steps back, and the house returns to its fallen state. "That doesn't make any sense." Ein rolls his eyes and shoves Leroy and Charles through the doorway, and Jason enters, closing the door behind them. Leroy gets up, brushing off his outfit as he looks around the house.

"So this... guise of yours, how does it work exactly?" He asks Jason.

"A guise or a cloak hides the real appearance of things of almost any size. On the outside, this house looks abandoned and run down to make people like William and his guards think nobody is here. Carlile uses a wall in France as the entrance to the guise of his engineering and science city of Fielamos." Jason explains.

"Fielamos? That's a weird name." Leroy says and gets elbowed by Charles.

"You think that's weird? The name used to be Episteme, which is the Greek word for Science, but regardless, only those who are gifted can find this place, and Fielamos normal people can't even step through." Jason goes into the kitchen, pours hot water into a kettle, and uses the stovetop to boil. "Would you guys like some tea?"

"Uh, sure" Ein says, sitting in the living room with the others. It didn't take long for Jason to come out with a tray and 4 cups that he set on the coffee table. He pours everyone a cup of camomile tea and adds a sugar cube.

"I'm guessing you're here because you want to know about Nyx." Ein takes a sip of the tea, pleasantly surprised by the flavor.

"Umm, yes, I was hoping you could tell me about him or her," Ein says as he sets his cup of tea back down on the little plate. Jason puts the kettle down, thinking about where to start.

"Well, for starters, Nyx is indeed a she, but she isn't exactly human. Death created her more than 5000 years ago to protect her descendants, the ones gifted with her abilities. Nyx doesn't have a full form and instead takes the form of whatever the host wishes for her to while they share a body." Jason begins to explain.

"Is she dangerous?" Charles asks. Jason contemplates the best way to answer that question.

"In the hands of the wrong person, I'd say she's incredibly dangerous, but in normal descendants hands with their own free will, Nyx is relatively docile and often like an older and wiser sister to her host as she cares deeply for each descendant she becomes bonded to."

So that means in William's hands she's-"

"Yes," Jason says with a sigh. "She will most likely be used and controlled for the wrong reasons. The reason William wants her so badly is because if Nyx can control her full abilities and change into a full form of the entity that she is, she will kill anyone within a 2000-mile radius, absorbing those souls and transferring them to William, making him both immortal and incredibly powerful which will then awaken the hosts of those souls and turn them into zombie-like puppets." Ein Charles and Leroy were horrified by this explanation.