The Extent He'll Go

Atlas couldn't sit by and do nothing knowing that Ein was basically on a suicide mission. He had no plans to confront his father but he needed to figure out William's plan and if he was even aware of Ein. Shakily he picks up his phone and stares at the screen a number displayed that he vowed to never call again. He could hear the other two parts of him talking.

"I can't wait to call dad again!" Ashton's voice yelled excitedly in his head.

"This isn't a good thing you idiot! We're calling him for Ein's sake!" Says Alec. Out of them all Alec was the one who hated William the most.

"But we're still calling him. We'll get to speak to him again. We haven't spoken to him in so long!" Alec was on the verge of cussing out Ashton and Atlas tried his best to block out the voices in his head. Ashton can't see the evil side of their father. Even if he witnesses it, his opinion never changes, reminding Atlas of his six-year-old impressionable little self. Whenever William felt the need to lecture or abuse them that was where Alec came in and took the fall.

Atlas was always the one who was fearful while Alec was more aggressive. Atlas started to hear these voices in his head around the time his mother died, and they never stopped since, even giving themselves names. He dials the number and presses the call button hearing it ring. His breath catches in his throat and he can feel his heart pounding in his chest as the call is answered.

"Lyiora residence Butler Three speaking, how may I help you?" He had almost forgotten his father never answered the phone directly. Atlas forces himself to speak.

"It's me, Butler Three..." he manages to say.

"Young Master Atlas... I presume you want to speak to your father?"

"Y-Yes please... if he's available." He starts to regret calling and hoping William wasn't available, but his hopes quickly diminish as he hears the dreaded voice that haunts him.

"Well well look who decided to give me a call after all these years. First you run off then you don't even bother to check up on your daughter who is now in my care tell me what are you calling for?" Atlas tries to calm himself down as tears well up in his eyes and his chest tightens.

"Where is my daughter William?" he hears William start to laugh on the other side of the phone.

"Are you so daring as to call me by my name? I admire your boldness, son." Atlas shudders to hear that man calling him his son rubbed him the wrong way.

"Where is she?" He says once again.

"She's safe with me and being watched over by Darren, your... What should I call him? Love rival?" William mocks.

"What are you doing to her..."

"Ouch I have to say son it hurts to hear you accuse me of harming the poor girl. I'm only bringing her to her full potential, which would've been wasted had she continued to be in you and that woman's care."

"She's just a little girl" Atlas says his emotions starting to seep into his voice.

"Well technically she's not a little girl anymore no in fact soon she'll be binding herself with Nyx. I've put such care into her these past few years." William says righteously as if he actually helped her.

"William, this isn't fair to her! She has a life and a future ahead of her; she deserves to live that life!" There's a moment of silence on William's end.

"It seems we're at a standstill, son. You don't see just how useful and powerful she is! She's no young girl; she's a being of death. She can destroy the entire world with the snap of her fingers if she wanted to! Imagine having that kind of power in our hands Atlas! Think of what we could do! We could have the world at our mercy, and people would be forced to respect us. We would be the most feared people on the face of the earth! We would rule it all!" Atlas slams the phone down briefly.