Levity He Experiences

Ein sits outside in the backyard, meditating with the staff on his lap, holding it tightly.

"Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth slowly, and just try to have a blank mind," Tye instructs him. Ein follows every instruction. Tye watches as Ein starts to regulate his breathing, and his heartbeat begins to slow. The carvings within the staff start to glow once again. "Just because they are glowing doesn't mean you can stop keeping going. You break your concentration; you break the connection you are trying to build." Ein keeps his eyes closed tight, focusing on Tye's instructions.

if they were going to have any chance, Ein needed to be able to fully access his abilities and control them, and binding with the staff was the second part after letting Tye into his core. Tye leaves Ein's core temporarily and sits cross-legged in front of him. When Ein goes to say something, Tye stops him. "No, just focus on this. You talk, and your mind focuses elsewhere, especially since this is your first time doing this." Ein's grip on the staff tightens as he struggles to maintain focus. A bright light comes from the staff, and Ein is sent flying back into the fence.

"Oww! Dammit! Why doesn't this damn staff like me! No matter what I do, it rejects me, or something goes wrong!" Ein gets up and kicks a stone in frustration. "This is just so annoying." Tye gets up and approaches him, holding the staff.

"You aren't going to get it in one go. You must remember this was created from the tree of life and death and is a dangerous and difficult weapon to control. You are brand new to this, and while you have some control and idea of how to use your abilities, you can barely manage to get a plant to do your bidding, let alone an animal and the staff recognizes this. You must show determination if you truly want to bond with the staff. You have to go at it every single day and no matter what, even if you falter, try again." Tye says, reminding Ein how much work is needed to do this.

Ein sighs, takes the staff back, and sits down again. "So just keep at it till I break it. Got it." Tye sits across from him once more, and Ein follows the same steps he used before. They are at it for a long time, and by nightfall, Ein is bruised and cut from the impact of different objects and the staff's rejection. Jason prepares an ointment and sits Ein down, tending to the cuts and bruises. Ein winces each time a wound is touched. "This is so frustrating." Tye enters back into his core.

"I barely unlocked your core for you the other day. You need time to get used to having full access. Tomorrow, we'll try a new training regiment." Tye says.

"Yippee," Ein says sarcastically, disheartened after multiple failed attempts. "I highly doubt my dad had this much trouble."

"You're right. Your dad mastered the staff almost immediately, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to," Tye says, trying to give Ein a little hope. "You're his son and have been sealed away from the world and the need to use your abilities, unlike your dad, so it's only normal that you would struggle to connect with the staff. Don't compare yourself to your father. You are strong in your own way. You should get some rest so your body can heal enough to continue tomorrow." Ein heads to his temporary room on the first floor after Jason finishes treating his wounds and plops down on the bed.

He stares out the skylight at the stars and slowly closes his eyes. "Admittedly... I'm feeling a little homesick." He had never been away from home before, and all of this was so new. As he drifts off to sleep, he feels like he is falling a strange feeling he'd never experienced before. He opens his eyes, finding himself back in the bioluminescent willow trees. "What? What is this?" The air was warm with a cool breeze that he could... feel? He reached out and touched one of the lance-shaped leaves, feeling every detail. So this wasn't a dream? He was back home at the original Stitem?

He hears some laughter in the distance and curiously follows the sound. He gently moves the leaves out of his way and finds a woman dancing around in a clearing in the forest. She looked so familiar, almost too familiar. He stands there watching her a bit longer, not wishing to interrupt. She has scars on her back that look painful to the touch. Her golden amber eyes almost reflected in the moonlight. With each movement she made her long raven black hair followed flowing around so effortlessly. "Excuse me?" Ein finally calls out, startling her, so she slips. He is quick to grab her wrist and stop her from falling.