Come To Your Senses!

Ein sits in the car, planning to meet the others in Mexico. Something seemed off about the world lately, but he couldn't place his finger on it. As he gets lost in thought, his phone begins to ring, and he starts to panic when he sees his father's name on the screen. His mind goes blank as he decides whether to pick up or ignore the phone. In the spur of the moment, he presses the answer button and feels his heart rate go up as his father's voice comes through the phone.

"EIN LYNN WOLFIER, YOU HAVE SOME NERVE DISOBEYING MY ORDERS AND LEAVING THE SANCTUARY." Ein has to think of a response 'think think think!' He says to himself repeatedly. "Care to explain yourself!?"

"I-i uh umm i-i umm," he couldn't get a single word to leave his mouth correctly.

"You don't have a reason, do you? This better not be about that Lyiora girl. She is not our concern, Ein, and you know this."

"Dad it's-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses! You're going on a suicide mission, getting in way over your head! I kept these rules in place to protect you and the others from that psycho man!" Thomas says, trying to get his point across to Ein. "I just want to keep you and the others safe, even if that means restricting your freedom to a certain degree."

"Dad," Ein calms himself enough to speak. "I know you care for me and the others, but this is something that I feel needs to be done. She was a kid just like me with her childhood ripped away, and every night in my dreams... I can hear her screams and her pleas. In my memories, I see her smile and laugh as I chase her through the bioluminescent trees. I need to get her back home or, at the very least away from William somehow, and if I die doing so, then so be it."

"I know you liked her and were very close, but you don't know she's still the same person. Being around that man and suffering from his actions changes people like it did to Atlas. Eventually, you'll realize not everyone has a happy ending." Thomas tries to show that he sympathizes with his son but also tries to get Ein to see reason.

"I know not everyone gets a happily ever after, but I'm going to try and get mine and even if I can't, may I at least have it in the afterlife someday when my journey comes to an end." With that, Ein hangs up on his father, leaving Thomas both angry and disappointed. He just couldn't seem to get through to his son. "Nobody understands me," Ein sighs in frustration. Arriving and entering the airport, Ein carries the potion bag Carlile gave him, going through it only to look up and see some guards there.

"There's no way," he whispers under his breath. By the looks of their outfits, the guards belong to William and are standing near security. "How am I supposed to get by them?" He looks around anxiously, looking for another option. He spots a unisex bathroom and goes inside, locking the door. "If i go through security, they'll know who i am, and they'll spot the potion bag... how do they even know I'm here?" Was William already aware of his movements? Ein notices a familiar plant on the sink counter.

"Perfect!" He whispers, excited that things are looking up. He makes a small cut on his arm while chanting under his breath, and once the blood flows towards and makes contact with the Philodendron Cordatum, it begins to grow. "Time to go for the only option I have." the leaves of the Philodendron Cordatum sneak under the bathroom door and along the airport floor, avoiding people's feet. "I'm sorry to have to use you like this," he says as one of the leaves makes contact with a working detection dog.

He takes control of the dog's mind and muscles and makes it pull the leash out of the worker's hand and run around the airport barking. This catches the eye of the guards, who are quick to help chase down the dog. Ein uses this chance to have the Philodendron Cordatum lift its leaves off the ground and trip the guards as they chase after the dog. Ein quickly unlocks the door and runs out of the bathroom, hearing the guards behind him.