A Broken Story

Nicolette shares her body with Nyx, allowing her body to move fluidly with each move Nyx shows her. A surge of power flows through Nicolette as she begins to develop control over the scythe and its abilities. She trains for the next few hours, ripping training dummy after training dummy to pieces. Her adrenaline blocks out any pain or exhaustion. She is hyper-fixated on her target, like the training dummy standing before her. She pushes off the ground and does an easy twist in the air with her body to get into the correct position as she dives down and lines her scythes up with its neck and does a twist, severing the dummy head clean off.

The only problem was she still hadn't perfected her landings and panics as she collides with the floor shoulder first. Nyx can barely create a soft barrier that takes most of the impact in time but will definitely leave Nicolette's shoulder bruised later on. "Nyx, can't we take a break? We've been going for so long!" Her chest rises and falls with her heavy breathing. All the pain and soreness in her muscles were starting to kick in. She went after dummy after dummy and collided with the floor in more ways than she thought possible.

"If this was seven hundred years ago, Nicolette, you would be dead." Nicolette lays there, barely able to move as her fingers twitch. "You look like somebody who just woke up from a decade-long coma."

"Okay, first off, Nyx, hurtful. I am not that deprived of life, and second, you don't have to feel this! My muscles are screaming how much they hate me, and it feels like I broke at least seventeen bones!" Nyx temporarily numbs Nicolette's pain, allowing her to sit up.

"Seventeen out of two hundred and six is something you should be proud of. It could've gone way worse." Nyx creates a temporary physical manifestation of herself, puts Nicolette's arm over her shoulder, and supports her as Nicolette leans onto her, her body worn out. Nyx walks with her to Darren's backup lab in Willaim's estate. Darren sees the state Nicolette is in and becomes worried, rushing over to her and checking over her injuries.

"How did she get like this!? And why isn't the serum working?" He up a holographic screen, looking over the information. "The serum right now should be healing her body and making her look brand new."

"That might be my fault," Nyx says, feeling guilty as she sets Nicolette up in a chair and approaches Darren. He raises an eyebrow and stares in disbelief as the pieces click into place.

"You let her connect with the scythe, didn't you!? Nyx, you know the power within the scythe clashes with the serum she was injected with!" Nyx raises her hands in surrender.

"Listen, I just wanted to teach her a few tricks!" She says defensively. Darren pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Alright, alright, I can come up with a serum that can help the healing process, but please be more careful around that scythe. If she uses it and gets into grave danger and it blocks out the serums effects, she could lose her life. Nyx rolls her head back and groans.

"I know this, Darren. I'm not an idiot!... how's she doing?" Her voice changed from that of an annoyed teenager to a worried one. Darren makes the screen larger and puts a couple chemical compounds together, and a machine nearby starts to form those into a liquid and pour it into an intravenous syringe. When the machine is done, he takes it and walks over to Nicolette, laying her arm out flat. He applies pressure with his fingers, feeling around for a vein before administering the intravenous injection.

"It's not a perfect fix, but it'll help her body heal faster than a normal person's. If she feels lightheaded or her skin becomes itchy, let me know immediately. Those are the main two side effects that something is wrong." Nicolette begins to snap out of it as she was completely zoned out.

"My arm is sore... Darren, what did you do?" She asks, feeling her arm where he injected the compound and winces when she finds the entry point and applies too much pressure unknowingly.