Act I: Chapter 1

"Sister you mustn't keep moving or else I won't be able to paint properly" said Viserra Targaryen as she brushed red paint onto a canvas that matched her sister Rhaenyra's dress. Rhaenyra's answering laugh echoed off the walls of Viserra's chambers where paints of all colors and books were strewn about. "Viserra if I have to sit this still any longer my back shall fail me.". Viserra rolled her eyes "Apologies sister I did not realize that in your age you'd struggle this much, shall I ask someone to bring a wheeled chair?". Rhaenyra laughed at how brazen her youngest sister was "That silver tongue of yours will be the death of you little one". Viserra let her sister go promising to resume the unfinished portrait. As Rhaenyra left for her chambers Viserra ran to the gardens to find flowers for her siblings as she did every morning. 

Viserra strolled through the gardens happily, she took in the wonderful sights and scents of the flowers around her. She kneeled to pick up bunches of flowers, gathering dirt on her pink dress not that she minded. Her loyal guard Ser Tristane followed her around, the clinking of his armor indicating his presence. "The flowers look stunning in this light, do they not Tristane?" the knight smiled down at the Princess "Indeed Princess, which ones are you considering today?". Viserra walked him through her selection process though she knew that Tristane wouldn't be interested in something that trivial she still enjoyed speaking of her flowers. 

She picked blue hyacinths for Helaena, yellow tulips for Aegon and the most untarnished white roses she could fine for Aemond. She also decided to pick a rose for her grandfather Otto Hightower. With one hand clutching the flowers and the others to top of Ser Tristane's hand they walked back into the Keep together. Viserra went to each of her siblings' chambers herself to place the flowers on their beds. She then went into the Small Council rooms where she served as Cup Bearer for the Lords and her sister, grandfather and father. 

She entered the chambers to find everyone already seated, their heads turned to her as she entered dropping the rose into a vase and picking up the cups instead. She listened discreetly while they discussed various things like taxes and tariffs until her grandfather began to speak of marriages. Rhaenyra stood up commanding the attention of everyone in the room as she spoke "I wish to betroth my son Jacaerys to Helaena" Viserra stiffened at the mention of her other sister. Other than Rhaenyra, Helaena was the only person to show her affection in their family. "Additionally Aemond and Viserra may choose any egg from Syrax's clutch.  Viserra turned to face her sister 

"Truly sister?" she asked. Viserra and Aemond were the only ones in their family without dragons and Viserra knew that if she did have one she would have her brothers' respect. Rhaenyra nodded smiling but Viserra's grandfather frowned at her excitement. "Princess Viserra do not address the Princess Rhaenyra so informally". Her father laughed at that "Leave her be Otto it warms my heart to see at least two of my children getting along this warmly". Viserra smiled again till her grandfather opened his mouth "A generous offer indeed Princess however I have already petitioned the King to betroth Princess Helaena to Prince Aegon, a match I know that the late Queen Alicent would favor.". 

Viserra watched as Rhaenyra stiffened and clutched the table at the mention of her mother. King Viserys looked down in guilt. Viserra felt so out of place, she had only heard stories of her mother and how she was King Viserys' second wife. But she could not grieve someone she did not know. "It is settled then. Prince Aegon shall marry his sister the Princess Helaena. A grand affair for our family" the King announced and Viserra lost control of herself for a moment "No" she spoke "Father please Helaena only just had her thirteenth name day and Aegon is... Aegon is" she stammered "Careful how you finish that sentence granddaughter" her grandfather warned to which Rhaenyra threw a withering glare. "Viserra." her father spoke "My decision if final". With that King Viserys concluded the meeting. Viserra walked out with her sister complaining about all the reasons why Helaena and Aegon weren't a good match.