Chapter 20

This is the last pov before Act 2

Rhaenyra's pov

"Mmm" Rhaenyra sighed as she twisted in her soft sheets. She woke up with a smile on her face, smiling at the arm wrapped protectively around her waist. She turned her face her husband. Her husband! After so many years of pining and desire she finally got to marry her Daemon last night. Their passions had lasted long that night, as they had before their traditional Valyrian wedding. 

"I wished for this for so long." Daemon said, his voice deep and raspy from sleep, Rhaenyra had never felt more alive. She grinned and turned to face him planting a chaste kiss on his lips which he deepened, holding her against him. 

"I love you" she whispered "I love you. I love you. I love you." over and over again. It was catharsis for her. The words she had kept sealed away in her mind for so many years finally springing forward. 

In response Daemon pressed gentle kissed to her neck and shoulders. Rhaenyra giggled as she sank further into the bed. 

For years she had been so miserable in the Keep. Constantly bullied by the Greens with nobody to defend her and her children. These last few months on Dragonstone had done wonders for her. Rhaenyra felt lighter, happier and so much more content with her children and Daemon and the dragons. Away from the prying eyes of the court. 

How different she had become since since was young. Yet something still felt missing. Someone was missing. Viserra. Those horrible years in the Keep had been made brighter with Viserra. She smiled remembering her sweet little sister who brought flowers to her bed, and would ask for her to sit for "royal portraits". Viserra's talent was quite apparent actually. The life like quality of her work, the visceral way in which she captured the people in her art. It was breathtaking. She knew to position people so the light would fall just so on your face.

"What ever are you thinking of?" Daemon asked softly, his hand straying lower on Rhaenyra's body. 

She let out a soft gasp at the sensation "Viserra" she replied. Daemon froze and looked at her amusement dancing in his violet eyes. "I'd rather you not think of your sister while I fuck you my love." he deadpanned. 

Rhaenyra laughed sitting upright, then standing up out of her bed. With a groan Daemon got up and joined her. Rhaenyra admired the hard muscled stomach and chest of his. He was muscular yet lean. She swallowed tightly as he rolled his neck to the side, not taking his eyes off of her. 

"Like what you see?" he jested with a smirk. 

"Why of course dear husband.". She said. How she loved this. 

Rhaenyra glanced to the stack of papers on her desk. Letters, proposals and legislation strewn haphazardly about as their passions had gotten the best of them. She bit her lip in embarrassment at the memory. 

"What of Viserra?" Daemon asked pulling her from her thoughts. 

"I miss her. I know how you feel about the Greens but Viserra is...she's...different I suppose. She's like the daughter I never had before Baela and Rhaena.". Rhaenyra sighed wistfully wishing her sister was here too. 

"I never understood your devotion to the girl" he said. Rhaenyra gave her a sad smile. "Viserra's birth was both a joyful and terrible day for me. It was the day I lost Alicent forever, and I was so mad at myself Daemon. For not making things right with her before she died. So when I first held Viserra I swore I'd look after her as one of my own. That she would never feel unloved. That" her voice shook from tears that blurred her vision. 

Daemon embraced her gently cradling her head soothing her, "That she would never know what it was like to be a motherless child as Alicent and I felt.". She began sobbing, Rhaenyra hated how weak she had become as she had grown older. As a child she use to be so bold. So quick and witty, that was why Daemon loved her. Now she was sobbing and hysterical in front of him. What would her mother say? Aemma Arryn would would scoff at the thought of her fierce daughter crying over a distant memory.