Chapter 7

"Aemond" King Viserys demanded, "I will have the truth of what happened boy" he yelled in anger at Aemond. Viserra felt sick but forced herself to speak.

"What is there to learn? Aemond's eye has been taken father. Luke did it". She said pleading. Viserra felt like crying when she glanced at Aemond's face. His beautiful face maimed by the hole where his eye should be and the stiches that the maester was sewing. 

"It will heal, will it not maester?" she asked praying for the best. The maester looked at her glumly, "The scar will heal but the eye is lost. I'm sorry Princess". 

Aemond flinched as everyone heard the words. "What is the meaning of this", Rhaenyra demanded as she walked into the room with Daemon and Lord Corlys by her side. 

"Sister" Viserra began hoping that Rhaenyra would be the one to see reason. But she was cut off by Luke.

"He attacked Baela" he shrieked to which Jace and Rhaena agreed. Viserra tried speaking but was drowned out by the sound of the other kids arguing. All the while Aemond was quite and still.

"Viserra," Rhaenyra said coldly "Tell me what happened".

All eyes turned her way. Though Viserra wasn't there herself she quickly pieced it all together while See Tristane was trying to attend to Aemond.

"Aemond claimed Vhagar" she said, barely a whisper as King Viserys' ire turned her way.

"And then the others came and ganged up on him" she said louder. Viserra realized how angry she was, her brother lost his eye and her father was too busy yelling at them to do anything.

Baela and Rhaena threw her a glare, Viserra ignored how much it hurt. "Vhagar was mine to claim".

Rhaena hissed at her. Viserra couldn't help but sneer.

"You know full well that a dragon isn't a pet. If Vhagar did not want Aemond he would not be standing here".

Before she could continue, Luke whispered quietly "He called us bastards".

A harsh silence fell over before Rhaenyra spoke again. "You grace my sons are in line to inherit the iron throne. This is the highest of treasons, Prince Aemond must be sharply questioned so we may know where he heard such slanders".

Viserra gasped while Aemond turned around to glare at Rhaenyra, "Over an insult"? She asked her voice breaking. 

Viserys grabbed Aemond by the shoulder "Aemond, where did you hear such a thing"? Viserra glanced at her grandfather and Criston Cole, it was them. Them and their mother who constantly insulted Rhaenyra and her boys. 

"It was Aegon". Aemond stated firmly, "Me"? her other brother Aegon questioned. Viserra watched as her own father slapped Aegon before she spoke again. 

"A debt is to be paid father". Viserra said softly, her father looked to her before questioning "What"?

"Aemond has lost his eye, no matter any apology it will not bring it back. Luke should be punished for his actions.". 

"Viserra.". Rhaenyra warned "It is my sons who were forced to defend themselves. This has been a regrettable accident". 

"An accident yes. But one that must now be equalized.". Viserra argued. Rhaenyra's eyes narrowed on her. 

"Are you suggesting that Luke's eye be taken as compensation for Aemond's"? She said and Viserra had never seen Rhaenyra this angry. 

"Perhaps it would be the most fair solution" Viserra said looking down. She hated herself for being such a coward. She could not even properly stand up for herself and her brother.