Chapter 12

Rhaenyra's pov

My dear sister Viserra, 

This is by now the tenth letter I have written. I'm sure the bird cages of the Keep must be filled by now. I understand that you are still angry, admittedly I am too. The incident at Driftmark was a gross tragedy for all of us. Jace and Luke miss you terribly. I miss you terribly. I do not like how we left things that day. I send my love to all of you, and my apology to Aemond. I hope he is recovering well. Luke has written almost double the letters, although I know not why you are angry at him. If anything your ire should be directed my way. Luke is but a child, he is still young and learning as are you. I urge you not to let your temper guide your judgement or force your hand. 

My sweet sister, how I miss your presence. Dragonstone of lovely but it misses your charm, your voice and your laughter. The flowers on Dragonstone are no where near as lovely as the ones in the Red Keep but then again I suppose that it wouldn't fit the appeal. How are you all in the Keep? I wonder if you had any news on our fathers' health. I have received no alarming information but I scarcely here from him and it does worry me. 

On a brighter note Syrax is growing faster each day. I must say keeping her out of the Dragonpit has done wonders for her health. I recommend telling our siblings to keep the dragons near the Blackwater, it's large enough to house them and even Vhagar. The more room they have to grow the stronger the bonds. Speaking of, I know that not having a dragon has often bothered you and so I would like to invite you personally to Dragonstone. On Dragonmont, Vermithor, Silverwing and some others still reside, you are welcome to try your hand at them if you wish. My sweet Rhaena attempted with the former two and although she was not successful I have hope for both her and you so do not be discouraged sweetling. 

Well it appears that I've run out of things to say for now. 

Please do reply Viserra, even if it is brief. 

With love,

Your sister. 

Dear Viserra, 

You are likely still upset which is understandable but do not think that I will cease my letters. Neither will Luke or Jace. As I recall Baela has been writing to you from High Tide as well, not answering her is rather odd of you. We all miss you here, except for Daemon perhaps but he does not know you as well. I implore you to visit. The boys miss you everyday. I believe even Rhaena would like for your company. Once again your more than welcome to try with the wild dragons resting on Dragonmont (I also know that Seasmoke resides on Driftmark). Are you still making you paintings? I still have the portrait you made me, I'm staring at it this very moment. Perhaps it is time for you to make another for me?

With love,

Your sister. 

My sweet Viserra, 

Not even replying to our letters is beneath you sweet child, shall I come to King's Landing to see you for myself?  Daemon informed me of the upcoming wedding between our brother and sister. I wish them my hearty congratulations and yet I am confused as to why we on Dragonstone have yet to receive word of this? As heir I would have liked to attend my own siblings' wedding but no matter. I shall congratulate the happy couple when I next visit. Although I penned a letter to our father regarding Helaena's age. I am of the belief that she is far too young to be considered of marriage age. I suspect that the Hand has been at the forefront of the ceremony but I urge you and your sister to be mindful of his schemes.  Your continual silence though saddens me I refuse to grow angry at you, you and your brother have suffered much these last few months so take all the time you need.