Chapter 16

Warning! Some rlly depressing stuff also its a bit long so grab a bite as you read :)

Nadia nearly screamed when she saw the damage done to Viserra's arm. The pain was so fierce that the princess had to administer milk of the Poppy to ease her agony. 

"Please Viserra, allow me to fetch a maester" Nadia pleaded. Viserra grabbed her hand ignoring the sharp sting of pain "NO! Absolutely not! Nadia you mustn't tell a soul" Viserra exclaimed. If her father or grandfather found out they'd think her mad. Her grandfather had already threatened to send her to Oldtown if she didn't behave. 

"Vi this is serious you must tell someone. I cannot keep this from the King" Nadia said determinedly. But Viserra would not let knowledge of last nights events out of this room. "You can and you will. Nadia you are my friend and as my friend I am telling you that you must not tell my father or my grandfather. Understand?"

Nadia nodded "What about Prince Aemond? He cares for you, he'll know what to do.". Viserra closed her eyes. She had been tempted to tell Aemond but he hated her too she was certain of it. 

"Aemond must not find out either." she whispered softly. Tears pooled in her eyes which seemed to soften Nadia's resolve. "You poor creature" Nadia said and embraced Viserra in a hug. 

She hugged her friend back thanking the gods for their small mercies. She attempted a small smile "Now held me dress" but Nadia did not return her smile. She gave Viserra a pitying look which somehow felt so much worse. "Yes Princess" she muttered. 

Viserra smiled again this time making sure it was brighter. Nadia helped her dress into a sage green dress and silver embroidery. Viserra loved this one in particular because her grandfather told her that her mother Queen Alicent use to wear it often. The Princess laughed a little at the irony of it all. The daughter wearing the cloth of the mother. She paired it with a silver dragon pendant Aemond got her for the twelfth name day, she'd worn it every day since. 

The best thing about the dress was the long draping sleeves. They gave Viserra enough space so as to not hurt her arm but also concealed it from sight. Though it still hurt tremendously Viserra forced herself to ignore it. The pain was lovely in its own way. Her skin was like a canvas waiting to be used. Somehow wearing that dress made her feel closer to her mother. 

"And could you please find Dawn. I don't want her to wander away from the Keep" Viserra said. Nadia nodded "Umm...yes I'll try to find her". 

She left her chambers soon after that and headed to the Small Council chambers. 

Aegon wasn't there thankfully so Viserra sat in her chair and listened keenly. Her mind couldn't help but keep wondering back to last night. The rush of adrenaline she felt when she hit her arm across the mirror over and over again. The addictive, euphoric feel of her warm and hot blood dripping down her fingers. It made her feel brave. It made her feel like a warrior. Like Visenya Targaryen perhaps. But it was a struggle using her other hand for everything. And not to mention her dress' long sleeves chafed the wounds that Nadia had so meticulously bandaged. 

"Tell me about my mother" she asked her father King Viserys long after the meeting had finished. Her father stopped abruptly looking up from his paperwork. Viserra thought he wouldn't answer till he sighed and spoke. 

"I remember the day of the Rhaenyra's wedding" the King began. "It was a chaotic event. The feat was grand. I remember the moment I stood to speak your mother came in. She wore this green dress, a lovely one at that. She came striding into the throne room as if it all belonged to her." he said with a smile. 

"Green? Isn't that-" Viserra begins. "Yes I know what it means sweet girl" he replied his eyes quickly flicking over Viserra's dress. Though he did not say anything her father's eyes conveyed a sadness that guilted Viserra so much. "I believe she was angry with me actually. You see I'd removed Otto from his station thanks to Daemon".