Chapter 5

I was coming out of stasis and I saw Knockout standing nearby, he saw me waking up and walked over to me with a scanner in servo. "How are you feeling Echo" he asked as he began to scan me.
"I feel fine Knockout, thank you" I said as he finished scanning me, "your cleared to leave Echo" he said as I stood up "thanks Knockout" I said and left the med wing to find out where the others were.

I eventually heard Starscream complaining again 'damn that mech loves to talk' I thought "is it wise for Shockwave to spawn an army of beasts, here in the laboratory or in any part of this warship. I mean not even the lone beast wasn't compact enough to stroll these very corridors. Without tearing them asunder" I heard him say from outside the room.

I walked in "I would sure hope not, we barely have enough room for you here" I said as I leaned against the wall beside the door; crossing my servos with a small smirk on my faceplate. "Echo how are you feeling" asked Megatron he turns to me Starscream grumbled under his breath "I'm fine now Megatron, prime really did a number on my wing. I couldn't even transform" I said as I put a servo on my shoulder plate and rotated my arm.

"You did not tell me you engaged Optimus Prime" Megatron said as he turned to fully face me. My wings went down slightly, to make me seem smaller "it was with the intention and securing the fossil, I could never truly take on a prime. I'll leave that fight to you" I said with a small smile.

Megatron seemed satisfied with my answer and turned back to Starscream and Shockwave. "I was referring to my off site laboratory which we have erected expressly for the cloning procedures" Shockwave said. "You have an off site lab? I'll have to visit sometime" I said.

"I would be glad to have you visit to observe the progress" said Shockwave as he turned to me, a smile crept into my faceplate. Starscream grunted "you think of everything don't you."

There was a sudden jolt that startled all of us, Megatron looked around "we are under attack. Autobots?" said Starscream with his servos raised. "Illogical, though there appears to be an enormous mass upon the up hull" said Shockwave and he checked the computers.

'I really hope it's who I think it is' I thought as Starscream commed some of his armada and Megatron lead us to the flight deck. The doors opened and there was the predacon, in all his glory. I refrained myself from running up and hugging him.

"How did it find us?" Said Starscream, "predacons possess precise homing instincts" said Shockwave as he looked at Starscream. "And astonishing resilience" said Megatron "Echo I assume you can take it from here" said Megatron as he walked away with everyone following behind him, I watched as they left and it was just me and the predacon.

I turned around to see the predacon looking at me with a tilted helm, I ran forward and hugged his neck with his helm over on my shoulder plate. "Don't ever do that again, you scared the scrap out of me and Shockwave" I said as I let him go and put my servos on my hips as I tried to scold him.

I knew it wasn't his fault but I was worried. His helm went down slightly and he looked at me with cute optics and he made a sad noise. "It's ok I forgive you, and there's something I want to show you" I said as I turned and walked to the room.

I opened the door and there were the berths I put in and all the crystals that were in the walls. "What do you think I did it myself" I said as I moved to one side to let the predacon oberve the changes. He seemed to like the crystals and the lighting was perfect, he went over to the berths and laid down to see how they felt.

He soon rolled onto his back with his peds in the air, happy with the change. I chuckled a bit "I'm glad you like it" I said "hey how about we do some training, it's been a while since you've seen any action" I said as I put my servos up and defensive position, wings high.

The predacon looked over at me, jumped off the berth and got into a defensive position also. "Alright I'll comm Soundwave to get us somewhere where we can train" I said as we walked out if the room. I put two digits to my comm "hey Soundwave could you send me and the predacon to a place where we can train for a bit" I asked.

No sooner than a minute later a groundbridge opened in front of us "thank you" I said as I hung up. We both walked through; we came out to find ourselves in a canyon, with plenty of sizeable rocks waiting to be destroyed.

"Alright big guy lets start with strength, I want you to destroy and crush as many rocks as you can without using your fire. Got it?" I said as the predacon crouched down and got ready to pounce. "Ready...set...go!" Once I said that he was off, crushing almost every sizable rock he could find.

He used his claws, tail, even his whole body at times. I was really impressed "ok stop!" I said and he stopped "very impressive now lets try accuracy" I said as I walked away and set up some target rocks at varying heights about 2 km away.

"Ok I want you to shoot the targets as accurately as you can without going passed this line" I said as I drew a line in the sand below with my ped. "Ok, ready...and...go!" He began to shoot quick fireballs at the target's, nearly hitting each of them in the centre. He eventually hit every target I had set up, when he was done he sat down and held his helm high with his chassis puffed out.

Obviously proud of himself "nice work, I am impressed now its my turn" I said as I approached three rocks about the same height as me. I bent my knees and got ready then the predacon started making  little noises, like the countdown I was doing for him. He made three noises, one getting louder then the other, when he hit the last one I kicked the one in front of me and broke it in half. Then punched the second one to my right and it broke in half, then the third one armed my blaster and shot clean through.

I deactivated my blaster and turned to the predacon who lifted his helm and made a small roar then looked at me and nodded his helm. He was happy with my preformace "thank you your majesty" I said with a small bow. "Oh hey that should be your designation, since you are the first of your kind to be reborn again and you are one of the bigger specimens. So you would be a kind of ruler of the others when they are reborn as well. So your designation shall be Predaking" I said.

He seemed to like that name and walked towards me, nudging me with his helm. I rubbed around his muzzle and face plate, eventually making my way to his favorite spot. I found it again and his helm with up and his wings were spread slightly again. His legs gave out under him and he's now lying down, I started to pet along his back, being careful of his wings. He purred, loving every second of it. I got down beside his left hine leg and began to use both servos to rub his back. His wings spread out completely and were just laying on the ground.

His purring only got louder, at this point the sun was beginning to set and I had to stop. Once I stopped and stood up Predaking stood up as well, folding his wings back in and shook his whole body as he turned to me. "Sorry hun but we need to head back to the Nemesis now, its getting dark" I said as I pointed to the setting sun.

Predaking huffed but agreed "hey how about another challenge, let's see who's the fastest by racing back to the ship. How's that sound?" I said he looked at me and got ready to jump up. "Ok...ready...set....go!"

When I said that we both jumped into the sky, I transformed and folded in my wings for maximum speed while Predaking pumped his wings fast to get ahead of me. But that didn't happen and I beat him back, but only by a few seconds.

I transformed and land while Predaking landed beside me "you may have the strength and accuracy but I have the speed" I said while pointing to myself. Predaking backed up a little so he could sweep my legs with his tail and make me fall on my back.

He held his helm high, proud of himself, I got up on elbows and looked up at him "Oh very funny, aren't you clever" I said as I stood up and walked into the room. Or now technically it was 'our berthroom' since I really wasn't given one and I was looking after him.

So we walked into our berthroom and I lay down on the berth facing the wall. I heard Predaking approach me from behind and laied down next to me. He curled his body around me and placed his helm next to mine.

Then he wrapped his tail around me, his barb was pretty close to my helm. But I trusted him not to stab me with it, his wing drooped over me and we both fell into recharge.