Chapter 24

Author's note:
"Hi" means that they are talking.
'hi' means that they are thinking.
*moves *means movement

Takamichi's Pov

I let out a soft sigh as I patted Fuya's hair; he was still whimpering and crying from our punishment. All four of us were still in pain from our punishment, as we were not allowed to heal ourselves. The door opened almost silently as a familiar smell of vanilla and roses made its way to me. I felt relief wash over me as I saw the familiar head of Wakasa. When our eyes met, he gave me a small smile. A smile that spoke louder than anything. It said that everything would be okay. But I know better.

There is no way Shiro is not going to add even more security in the form of guards and cameras. I shook my head a little. There's no use overthinking it now. I just have to think of it later; now I have to take care of them. My eyes wandered to Wakasa, who was still standing by the door. With a small smile, I gestured for him to come closer. I watched him turn around, and only then did I realize another person was behind him. Standing behind him was Shiro.

I watched as Wakasa stared at Shiro as if he were silently asking permission to come next to us. At the sight, I felt my stomach twist uncomfortably. Shiro, in return, gave him a silent nod before whispering something in his ears and giving him a kiss before walking away. Wakasa then walked by me with a small smile on his bruised lips. It was only then that I noticed the number of bruises on his body. There was a small scar forming right above his eyebrow; I'm guessing that's from the vase Shiro had broken on him.

There were many more bruises and bite marks, especially on his neck. I felt sick as I stared at him. How can he do something like that to his own mate? I began to feel guilt. This wouldn't have happened if he hadn't tried to protect us. This wouldn't happen if they didn't go out of the house. This wouldn't happen if... My chain of thought was cut off by the feeling of someone's warm hand on my cheek.

It was Wakasa. "I could just feel what that little head of yours is thinking," he said as he continued to stroke my face. "You know it wasn't your fault or there's." I felt myself frown at his words. "Mmn, I couldn't help thinking it was," I said quietly as I felt my eyes brim with tears. I heard Wakasa let out a soft sigh before he tilted my head so I could look him right in the eyes.

"It wasn't Mitchy; the only people that should take the blame for that are those assholes," Wakasa says, his gentle smile not once leaving his features. "But..." I tried to say but was cut off by Wakasa. "No buts, Mitchy, it wasn't our fault, okay, so let's stop thinking of those things now." "Wakasa?" The both of us turned to see very much Mitsuya and Inupi, both of whom passed out because of the pain.

"You're, okay?" Waksasa chuckled at Mitsuya's question as if he found it silly to ask. Waksasa then moves to where he is now lying between Mitsuya and me. "I'd be lying if I said I was," Waksasa says softly as he starts to gently play with Inupi's hair.

Ah, that's right. I should probably tell him about Izana. So, I did. It was no surprise to see Wakasa's eyes widen in surprise when I finished explaining what happened last night. I couldn't help but laugh as I let out a small giggle. Waksasa's surprise face was so funny. "Okay, first of all, all those assholes did what to you four?" "Secondly, Mitchy, are you sure it was Izana? There's no way he would do that!"

"Wow, I did, though." All of us froze as we stared at the new figure in the room. Izana stood there a few feet from the bed, holding in his hands a tray filled with pastries and drinks. exactly what all of us need right now. "Sorry..." I heard Waksasa say it, and I didn't like it at all. I heard Izana sigh. "Don't be; I would be suspicious at first too," he replies as he comes closer to the bed.

He then gives us a small plate with the pastries and a drink. I didn't fail to notice that each plate and drink were our favorites. How sweet. "Can he get up? I don't want him to be hungry or in pain," Izana says kindly, in a tone I was not quite used to, and points to Fuya. I gave him a nod as I shook Fuya gently to wake him up. At first, he glared at me before he let out a grunt and managed to sit up. Izana then places a plate on Fuya's lap.

Soon everyone on the bed started eating, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Izana bringing a chair closer to the bed before sitting on it. I bit into the blueberry croissant and let out a delighted groan. This is definitely something I needed. It's only after I'm finished with almost all the pastries on the plate, leaving the bagel sandwich for last, that I notice Izana not eating anything. Did he not bring something for himself, or did he already eat?

"Izana?" "Yes Mitchy? Do you want more?" Although his question was very tempting to say yes to, I shook my head. "Did you already eat?" I asked but was only answered with silence before I heard Izana let out a soft sigh. "I kind of forgot to order something for me to eat; I was in a rush to get something for you five to eat." I frowned at his answer. Okay, I'm not going to lie; that was extremely sweet and kind of him, but he needs to eat. "Here you can have this, and everyone else would give you something from their plate," I say.

I did not fail to notice the frown Fuya made as he grasped his plate closer. Inupi shared a similar reaction. "No, I'm fine, Mitchy; I'll just grab something from the kitchen; you continue to eat, kay". I wasn't too convinced by Izana's words, but I just nodded. "Is he having a pack meeting?" Waksasa asks and Izana nodded. "Unfortunately, he said he would come and get us when he was ready for it." Izana responded.

I wasn't too surprised by this information; we have these pack meetings normally when one of the mates has done something wrong and has received punishment. Shiro would announce a few changes and possibly a new set of rules. Then he would either take us out or give us a gift. To him, by doing this, it proves that he loves us, and he does these things because he loves us. But I'm starting to think that he just does that because he feels guilty.

I almost laughed at the thought. If he did feel guilt, not like he could, he would never keep hurting us.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

TBC