Chapter 12 (Blaine)

I ran inside and was immediately grabbed by the nape of my neck and shoved into the chair, and my parents looked far from happy.

"What was that boy doing here?" My mom asked. I quickly pulled out my notebook and began quickly writing in it. I couldn't tell them Kurt was here because he worried about me.

It's like he said, we were paired up for a project for school. It's due soon.

"I don't believe you. You're hiding something." My mom said, crossing her arms. I wrote in my book again.

I'm not lying I swear!

"We'll just get takeout tonight, you, go to your room." My dad said. I wrote in my book.

Why do you treat me like this? I thought parents were supposed to love their child!

"Think carefully about what you're going to say next..." My mom said

Sometimes I wish you weren't my parents and I could be with a family that actually loves me! But I guess that's wishful thinking, you'll never love me, you only care about yourselves!

"That tears it!" My dad exclaimed, grabbing me by my arm and pulling me into the basement.

"You can stay here for the rest of the night, and no dinner for you tonight or breakfast tomorrow!"

I rolled my eyes and wrote in my notebook.

Wow shocking -_-

"Why, you little punk!" My dad exclaimed and then struck me across the face; I fell to the ground trying to hold back the tears.

"Come on, Katrice, let's go out to eat." He said and then slammed the door. I finally let the tears fall as I held onto my swollen cheek.

"I don't know how much longer I can take this!" My dad exclaimed.

"Shut up; he might hear you!" My mom whispered, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"So? How much longer do we have to keep this brat."

"Not much longer."

What are they talking about? I carefully climbed the stairs to not let my parents hear me and pressed my ear to the door.

"Katrice, I thought we were supposed to give him back to his parents years ago."

What do they mean, give me back to my parents?!

"Calm down, Gerald; we already went through this when we took him; we planned to keep him until he was a teenager."

"Well, he's, what, seventeen? Why don't we do it now?"

"Because his parents would have missed all that time he grew up, they would do pretty much anything to get their precious boy back."

"So why don't we call them now and do the ransom?"

"Just a bit longer, and then we'll demand thousands of dollars, and soon we'll be out of this dump of a town." I finally heard the door close, then moved down the stairs and dropped to my knees.

Everything makes sense now! But why? How could this happen?! My parents aren't even my real parents! They're my kidnappers!

I woke up the next day with a million questions running through my head, why would Gerald and Katrice take me? Who are my real parents? Is Blaine even my real name?! Who am I...