Chapter 18 (Blaine)

I was trapped, duct tape across my mouth, no way to scream, and because of me, I may lose the only person I've ever loved!

I heard the door creek open, and my fake dad had someone over his shoulder; he threw the person on the ground, and I got a good look at his face; it was Kurt!

I screamed into the tape, struggling to escape the duct tape holding my hands behind my back.

"Take a good, long look at your soulmate because this is the last time you'll ever see him," Gerald said, walking back upstairs with Katrice.

"Why don't we just kill him now?" He asked.

"We need to be smart about this. We can't be sloppy or leave any evidence. Just give me some time to think." The door shut, and I was once again in the dark.

I scooted over to where I kept the glow sticks and, with much struggle, broke one so it wasn't as dark.

I heard a soft moan, I turned, and Kurt was starting to wake up!

"Wh-what happened? Where am I?" He groaned, slowly standing up. I screamed through the duct tape to get his attention.

"Oh my god Blaine!" He quickly crawled to me and pulled off the duct tape.

"Are you okay?" I asked Kurt.

"Me? I'm not the one tied up."

"Maybe not, but my parents found you, and now you're in real danger."

"What do they want with me?" Kurt asked, struggling to remove the tape around my wrists.

"It's some old legend that if someone's soulmate dies, their voice is gone forever."

"But we don't know if I'm your soulmate."

"But you still gave me my voice."

"So they want to kill me to seal your voice forever?"

"Yes..."

"What if it doesn't work? You'll still have your voice."

"But I won't have you...Kurt, you mean so much to me, and I can't stand the thought of life without you..." I said. Kurt wiped away a tear that was falling down my face.

"Okay, we've got to get you out of here," Kurt said, grabbing the glow stick.

"They won't hurt me."

"You don't know that. Is there anything I can use to tear the tape?"

"Not that I know of," I sighed.

"Wait, there's a bottle over here. I think it's glass." Kurt said, walking over to the corner

"If you break it, won't that attract their attention?"

"Maybe...but it's all we got. Close your eyes; the glass might go flying." Kurt said and blocked his eyes. I shut mine tight and heard a loud shattering noise. Kurt got on his knees and looked for a shard of glass.

"Okay...this one should do" He said, walking up to me and began cutting the tape.

"Almost, got it!" He exclaimed and tore the rest of the tape off.

"Ow!"

"Sorry..."

"It's okay,"

"Okay, let's get out of here." Kurt said

"I don't know if we can, not if they're still out there."

"Okay, let's not panic yet. Finn's probably noticed by now that I'm gone, so he'll call Carole, and she'll come to find us. Hell, she's probably here now."

We suddenly heard a gunshot, Kurt screamed, and I quickly covered his mouth and gently shushed him.

"God, I hate cops..." Katrice sighed, I removed my hand, and Kurt started crying.

"Oh my god!" He sobbed, and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Kurt, we don't know if it was Carole...it could be anyone...unfortunately."

"Let's take 'em to the back and get rid of 'em," Gerald said; they were going to the backyard!

"They're going to the back, now's our chance!" I said, then quickly realized.

"Kurt...once we get this door open, they'll come back...follow my lead, okay?"

"Okay..."

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you...do you trust me?"

"Always."

"Then step back," I said and kicked the door down. I quickly grabbed Kurt's hand, and we immediately ran out of the basement.

"Where do we go?" Kurt asked

"If we hurry, we can make it out the front door; let's go!" I suddenly fell to the ground, and my ankle felt like it was on fire!