Ni-ki - Abuse

(797 words) (tw. abuse)

The Enhypen members ad always encouraged Ni-ki to be close with his parents as he never really saw them when he was younger as he was never in Japan when he was younger. Ni-ki has always been trying to achieve his dream to debut and before this Ni-ki had a good relationship with his parents, but his parents became salty towards Ni-ki for abandoning them. 

Ni-ki never told his members about this which is why they would tell him to reach out to his parents so he could stay in touch. Ni-ki's parents would always text Ni-ki just to insult him or threaten him. 

Whenever he went to Japan to see them, he would come back with scratches and bruises. (ykyk) Ni-ki would always tell his members that he hit his head on a pole or fell down some stairs as an excuse. Ni-ki's parents always told him that they would come for him if he ever told anyone about what they did to him.

One day, the members were all sitting in the living room when a heated argument was started. Heeseung had disagreed with Jungwon about something and suddenly all the members took sides, and everyone was against each other. Ni-ki sat on the side, avoiding confrontation at all costs. That was until Jay said something to Sunoo that angered Ni-ki.

Jay: Oh, shut up Sunoo, you can't dance for anything! You have no opinion in this choreography!

Sunoo seemed hurt by this and stopped talking but Ni-ki was mad.

Ni-ki: Don't take your anger out on Sunoo, what's gotten into you?

Jay turned his head to look at Ni-ki as his eyes widened with annoyance and anger.

Jay: Don't talk to me like that, I'm older!  I stated the truth, you're not even on a side so pick. You're the Maknae anyway, no one will care about what you say.

All the members were looking at Jay and Ni-ki, hearing Jay's words was like a stab to the heart for Ni-ki. Tears formed in Ni-ki's eyes.

Ni-ki: Why are you acting like this!? I didn't do anything and neither did Sunoo! You're overreacting.

The members were scared as their Maknae stood up for Sunoo and himself. Jay got up from his seat and took small steps getting closer to Ni-ki's seat. Ni-ki looked smaller and smaller as Jay towered over him, still using his harsh words.

Jay: I would be careful if I was you Ni-ki, using such rude words to an older can be bad. Stop believing that your opinion matters!

Ni-ki was on the verge of crying as Jay bent down to tower over Ni-ki. Then Jay lifted his fist and clenched it in anger before putting it back down. But Ni-ki thought Jay was getting ready to punch him and put his hands out and screamed in fear.

Ni-ki: IM SORRY! Please don't hit me, I'm sorry Jay I really am! Please...

The members looked shocked at the scene and Jungwon pushed past Jay and kneeled down in front of Ni-ki's seat. Jay took a few steps back in shock, realizing his actions. The members stood up, standing a few steps back from Ni-ki to give him some space.

Jungwon: Ni-ki bub? It's me Jungwon, you know me?

Ni-ki took his hands of his eyes and looked to see Jungwon smiling at him and nodded. Jungwon smiled softer and reached his hand out to caress Ni-ki's hair but Ni-ki flinched before Jungwon's hand reached his hair.

Ni-ki: Please no

Jungwon stopped his actions and just told Ni-ki that he is safe here, and no one was ever going to hit him in the room. Then Ni-ki just pulled Jungwon into a hug and Jungwon accepted. Then, after a minute, Jungwon pulled back. 

Jungwon: Why were you scared of Jay back there?

-Meanwhile-

Jay was still in shock and Sunghoon came up to him. Sunghoon just pet his head and asked him if he was okay.

Jay: He was scared of me? Why Sunghoon, my heart broke... I feel so bad.

-Meanwhile-

Ni-ki finally built up the courage to finally answer. And explain what he was going through

Ni-ki: Whenever I go to Japan, the bruises... They are from my parents; they threatened me and told me never to expose them. Please don't tell them! They will kill me! 

Jungwon felt disgusted and guilty for forcing Ni-ki to call and text his abusive parents. Then Ni-ki grabbed his phone and showed the texts between him and his parents and the members apoligised. Jungwon caressed Ni-ki's face and wiped his tears. Jungwon and the other members told him that he would always be safe with Enhypen and they would never hit him. Jake offered a hand to Ni-ki so he could get up and Ni-ki immediately went to Jay and hugged him tight. Immediately forgiving him for what he did. 

Both: I'm sorry.