CHAPTER TEN

A/N: don't hate me..I'M SORRY.

CLAIRE'S POV:

That's the last thing I remember. Except for the blinding white lights. Paul, Niall and I's laughter was flooding the car, blocking out everything else. I saw the trucks lights before I felt anything else. Niall saw it about the same time as I did, and he pulled me in, trying to act as a replacment seatbelt, which I had taken off just moments before. Then I felt the car trying to swerve out of the way. I heard Niall and Paul's screams, but I couldn't do anything to respond.

When the car finally came to a stop, I looked around slowly turning my head from side to side. I realized I had flown through the windshield, it was Niall trying to protect me, he was trying to stop me. I saw the broken glass, stained with red. There was a pool of it around me. I sighed. So much blood. I couldn't tell where it was from, but I knew it was bad.

I heard Paul asking me if I was okay but all I could do was smile a sleep smile and slowly close my eyes despite Paul's protests. My eyes flew open one more time, before they closed one more time, I wondered where Niall was. I couldn't stay awake any longer, and I drifted into a painful state of unconsiouness.

NIALL'S POV:

I saw the lights and my laughter died off. There was no way to stop the wreck, I knew that even though Paul tried to turn. I looked over, trying to move fast. It seemed like everything was moving in slow motion, except her body. I tried to grab her, but I couldn't hold on, the momentiam was to much, and she flew out of my arms, and i hit my head on the seat.

The car finally skidded to a stop, I got out and saw here there, and my legs crumpled from under me. I heard Paul's yell but shook my head. "Claire.." The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes was Paul rushing over to her, trying to keep her awake.

I woke up in a bright room. The lights were un-naturally bright, and it was giving me a killer headache. I groaned and tried to rub my head, but and IV cord caught my hand. Something was shoved up my nose at an uncomfrable angle, and I tried to pull it out with my free hand. Somebody's cool arm shot out to stop me.

"Nice try Nialler." I heard Harry's raspy chuckle and finally turned to look at him. He had his famous smirk on and was shaking his head. I coughed, making sure I could talk without sounding weird.

"Where is she? How is she?" Harry's green eyes dimmed.

"She's in her fifth surgery. She has internal bleeding and a cracked skull, along with a sprained wrist, and four broken ribs." I winced. Poor girl.

"Is she going to be okay?"

"They don't know. She's flatlined three times already."

I layed back down, trying to drift back to sleep. Harry's voice brought me back though.

"It's not your fault, you know? Its actually hers. She never wears her seatbelt. Always taking it off, complaining how it annoys her." He shook his head, laughing without humor.

"I-I just got her back, I can't lose her for good this time." Harry nodded his head deep in thought. I finally drifted back into the land of dreams, where Claire's was the star in all of them.

CLAIRE'S POV:

I blinked slowly, making sure everything worked.

"OH MY GOD!! CLAIRE!! YOU'RE AWAKE!!!" I laughed.

"Ssh. Lou. I have a killer headache. Calm down." He hugged me.

"We all thought we lost you!!" I sighed and nodded feeling a warm fuzzy feeling before my eyelids got droopy again, slipping closed.

*play music here. Repeat if it ends.*

HARRY'S POV:

I heard the nurses shouting her room number signing she had flat lined..again. I paced back and forth for a while. Claire would come back. She always did. She was a fighter.

I stoped pacing, got some water, and sat down against the wall of her room. I knew Niall would be getting worried, but I had to concentrate on her right now. I heard quiet footsteps coming out of her room, and the hospital was eerily quiet. The doctor crouched down to my level and sighed. His eyes looked sad and his mouth was set in a sympathetic frown.

"We tried everything we could. I am so sorry.."

I choked on my words. I couldn't believe him.

"Can I go see her?" He thought about it, and slowly nodded his head.

I let out a sad sound when I saw her, looking so small and fragile in the bed. She couldn't be gone. This beautiful girl..she was so full of life. So sarcastic and loving. She was gone now. I heard shouting down the hall.

"HOW THE HELL? WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S GONE? NO! FUCK YOU!!!" I wiped the tears off my face and jogged to Niall's room. I saw the nurse there looking kinda scared, but holding her ground.

"Sir. You need to lay back down. There's nothing you can do now." She put her hand on his forearm and he quickly ripped it away with a look of disgust on his face.

"NO! DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!!!" I had seen enough.

"Niall. Mate. Stop. She's gone. There's nothing we can do! Dammit! Look at me!!" I crashed into him, pulling him in a hug, despite him protesting. He soon relaxed and I felt his tears soaking my shirt.

"ssh. Niall. Shh. Its okay. Niall. Its okay." He cried harder than I've ever seen him. He lost himself when he lost her. We all saw it in his eyes.

NIALL'S POV:

The nurse walked in, and I knew it was bad news. I hopped up. She looked at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry hun. There was nothing we could do. There was to much swelling in her head." I shook my head.

"HOW THE HELL? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? SHE'S GONE? NO! FUCK YOU!!!" I could feel my face flushing with anger. Why was she lying to me? Did she think it was funny?

I barely noticed Harry's arrival. I just noticed his tears. I felt a twinge of anger at myself when I was the fear in the nurses eyes, but continued yelling. She put her hand on me, trying to push me back into my bed.

"Sir. You need to lay back down. There's nothing you can do now." I quickly removed my arm from under her hand. I'll be damned if she gets me to lay down.

"NO DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!!!" I yelled. The nurse's eyes flashed with hurt and fear again, and thats when Harry walked over. He pulled me into a hug, and I tried to wiggle out. What? Did nobody not get DON'T TOUCH ME?!

I heard her voice then; Claire's voice. Soft, and magical, and sweet.

"Niall. Its okay. I love you. You and Harry have to take care of each other. I'm so sorry. But I have to go now. I'll always love you."

I cried and relaxed into Harry's warm hug. I never cried this hard in my life. I lost the one thing that gave me the motivation to wake up. I just got her back, and now I lost her again. This time for good. I cried for hours, soaking Harry's shirt and when he pulled away with his own tears, Simon came in, took one look at me, and I spent the next hour soaking his shirt too.

Soon, he too pulled away and sat on my bed, looking me in the eye.

"I've heard much about Claire, Niall. And I know for a fact she hates seeing you cry. She'd want you to be happy for her, and be happy in general. She'd want you to eat Nando's and smile. Laughing without a care in the world. You can't give up, you have to much to live for. She'll always love you, no matter where she is. And I know you'll always love her. But you have to be strong for her." I looked at him.

"Always."