CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Harry and I were running hand and hand down the hallway laughing. He would spit every few seconds, making fun of me and I would laugh harder, stopping to hold my sides. This time I was crying and crouched down, holding on to the floor for dear life and I couldn't stop. Harry was laughing almost as hard as me, and every time we calmed down, I would look at him and start laughing again.

We finally made it out to his car, and I pulled out my phone to call Louis. It rang three times before he picked up.

"Hey best friend!" I laughed lightly into the phone.  

"Hey Lou bear!" He growled.  

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" I just laughed again, and he joined in.  

"What did ya need?" He asked. I sighed. I knew I was going to put a burden on his and El's relationship.  

"I..um. John and I broke up and I need a place to stay. Would it be to much trouble?" He laughed. 

"Get your ass over here! I'm cleaning off the guest bed now." He laughed really loud into the phone just to annoy me.  

"Ha.ha. Okay. I'm on my way. And by guest bed..you mean..?" He laughed for real this time.  

"The couch. Yes. BYE!" He hung up and I closed my phone shaking my head even though he couldn't see me. Harry grabbed my hand, and rubbed circles on the back with his thumb. I slowly pulled it away, not looking at him because I didn't want to see the sadness and hurt in his green eyes.  

"Harry.." He just sighed, not responding.  

"I think its better if we-" 

"yeah yeah." He interrupted. "If we're just friends, right?" I nodded slowly, looking down at my hands, finding them interesting for the time being. The car sped up and the rest of the ride was silent.

Harry stopped in front of a house and got out, slamming his door. He opened mine for me and I got out, scared of the anger my best friend was directing at me. I started humming as he went to get my bags out of the trunk. I grabbed my purse out of the console and closed my door. Soon the song turned into a real one.  

"From the moment I met you, everything changed, I knew I had to get you, whatever the pain. I had to take you and make you mine. I would walk through the desert, I would walk down the aisle, I would swim all the oceans, just to see you smile. whatever it takes is fine. Oh oh oh oh oh. So put your hands up. Oh oh oh ohohoh cause its a stand up." I was singing quietly to myself, and I heard a lower voice join in. I stopped to listen.

"I won't be leaving 'till I've finished stealing every piece of your heart. Every piece of your heart." Harry sang. I turned to him and he winked. Louis walked out the door, singing his part of the song. I couldn't help but smile.  

"I know your heart's been broken, but don't you give up. I'll be there yeah you know it, to fix you with love." Louis quieted and I imagined Niall singing the next part. I knew the words and I sang quietly.  

"It hurts me to think that you've ever cried" I trailed off, and found the boys staring at me. Harry turned to Louis.  

"Mate. You thinking what I'm thinking?" Louis nodded.  

"She'd be perfect!" I look at them.  

"What are you guys implying??" Neither of them even answer me. Harry opens his phone and dials a number.  

"Yeah. Uncle Si? We're getting the band back together."

Next thing I knew we were all sitting around a table, and the boys introduced the idea of me being in One Direction. My jaw dropped.