CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

CLAIRE'S POV: 

I woke up the next day to someone softly snoring. I rolled my head to the side trying to find the noise,then came to a stop when I saw him. He honestly isn't going to give up is he? I shook him trying to wake him up.  

"Harry..Hazza..Haz? Harry Styles!" He opened one eye lazily and smiled at me. I couldn't help returning it. I wasn't as sore as yesterday, and for some reason the fact that he was still here put me in a good mood.  

"You came back." He nodded. 

"I had too." I felt my eyebrows shoot up. 

"Why?" He took a deep breath trying to calm himself. He motioned for me to move over so he could lay in the bed with me. I did and he pulled me against his chest, wrapping his arms around me and I inhaled deeply, it all came naturally. He laughed. 

"you're a freak you know that?" I looked up, shocked.  

"How?!" He laughed harder, seeing he had offended me. 

"I can feel and hear you smell me!" I felt my cheeks heat up. 

"You just smell good..like home.." He pulled my face up to look at him.  

"Would you believe me if I said after all these years I still loved you?" I felt tears prickle my eyes, but I shoved them back and shrugged.  

"Maybe. You'll have to prove it." He knew I was teasing him and smiled cheekily.He brought his lips down on mine and I heard the heart monitor speed up. He laughed and pulled away. He pushed a stray peice of hair behind my ear.  

"I do love you." I just nodded, I needed time to think. He had to explain something to me. 

"Why'd you leave? I needed you,and you just let me. I thought you were dead." I saw tears in his eyes, after my question, but I needed to know.  

"please."I whispered. He nodded his head, and took a breath, steading himself. 

"Everything seemed to be crashing down around me. Niall was dead, Melanie who looked like you had killed him, I was falling in love with my best friend, you were hurt because of Niall, and there was nothing I could do to fix it. I had to get away, and I thought it'd be better for you if I just..left." I nodded, deep in thought. I got it now. I wanted to get away too, but I had to take care of the boys. They lost two of their best friends.  

"You hurt us all you know?" He nodded.  

"I know. I feel horrible everyday of my life. And I know there's nothing I can do to fix anything. I just..I don't know. I missed you guys so much. And then you answered the door..but I didn't know it was you. I just shoved memories of you out of my mind, trying to keep the guilt at bay, and then you were slapping me..and I remembered everything."

CLAIRE'S POV: 

It had been silent for a while, both of us thinking. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was quite enjoyable. After a while I coughed, breaking it.  

"So what'd you do last night?"

-.-.-.-.-*flashback*.-.-.-.-.- 

HARRY'S POV:  

When I left last night, I went back to the flat. But I didn't go to mine, I went to the one next door, keeping up the act.  

"Claire?" Melanie came walking around the corner in sweats. 

"Hey Harry!" She smiled at me. "Do you want anything to drink?"  

"Yeah, water's fine." She nodded and turned to the refridgerator. Without thinking, I grabbed a knife off the counter, and plunged it deep into her back.  

"Thats for Niall..Melanie." I sneered her name. Dumb bitch.

MELANIE'S POV:  

I finished putting on my sweats when I heard the door swing open. Next I heard Harry's voice call out.  

"Claire?" I laughed a little to myself. He really thought I was Claire! I walked out to where he was. 

"Hey Harry!" I smiled at him. Keeping up the fake bitch act. "Do you want anything to drink?" 

"Yeah, water's fine." I nodded, deep in thought while I turned towards the fridge. Something seemed off with him. Before I could turn back around to give him his water, I felt a seering pain in the middle of my back. I fell down, looking up at him with potrayed eyes. The world seemed to be drifting away, and everything was echoing. Harry bent down next to me and whispered right in my ear,  

"Thats for Niall..Melanie." He knew. He knew the whole time. He knew who I was. I guess it was good he killed me instead of someone else. He muttered about me being a dumb bitch and slipped the knife in the waistband of his boxers. He called 911 to come pick up my body, and left. And then I took my last breath..coughing it out.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-*end flashback*-.-.-.-.-.-.-

CLAIRE'S POV:  

Harry finished telling me about what happened last night, and I couldn't help smiling. Everything would finally be okay. We were safe.  

"I love you too." I whispered. And it was true. I still loved him. After everything. He left me, broken. But he was back now, and we were all safe. He avenged Niall's death and finally everything was working out. I could finally breathe deeply and not be afraid to turn a corner. I heard footsteps flying down the hallway.  

"Claire?" A deep male voice, that I knew all to well asked. I spoke to soon. 

"Johnathen?"

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So I'm sick today! hah. I don't really know whats wrong but my mom is freaking out, saying she thinks its an ulcer. Awesomeee. (note the sarcasm.) But I decided to update cause I have nothing better to do. The story is quickly coming to an end! Im happy it'll be over, but I'm nervous at the same time. Lemme know what you think!