Chapter 10 ~ The Ride Home

MAYA'S POV 

i wake up, facing the wall. i turn over and see Mattheo packing a bag while i see my bag then someone else's bag. 

"hey theo why is there another bag there, with mine" he turns to me

"oh you are up" i nod and he comes and sits on the bed. i sit up and lay my head on his lap while he rubs my back. "Pans is coming with us" i smile and wrap my arms around his torso 

"i packed your bag along with got dumbledore to agree to letting us off for 5 days" i sit up and kiss him

"thank you"

"of course" 

"when do we leave"

"we are gonna probably head out at around 7pm" 

"ok" he gets up and goes into the bathroom about 5 minutes later he comes out 

"go get in the shower it is all ready for you, love"

"thank you"  i get up and head into the bathroom and take a shower. after i get out i stare at myself for a bit. then i finally come out once, when i do i see Mattheo's,Pansy's and I's bags already ready to go then perfect timing because Pansy walks in.

she smiles slightly and pulls me into a hug feeling her hug i start sobbing. she hugs me tighter. i feel Mattheo's hand on my back and pull him into the hug. once we all pull away i see the tears falling from Pansy's eyes and i cup her cheeks wiping them.

"it is gonna be ok"

"i feel like i should be telling you this"

"eh, it is not that big of a deal. just because she is my mother doesn't mean you can't feel the pain to"

"you really are amazing" i sigh and pull her into another hug. i then look at the time 6:55. shit.

"sorry to break this moment but we gotta go" they look at the time and we grab our bags well Mattheo and Pansy do Mattheo insists to hold my bag. i just laughed and let him take it knowing there is nothing i could do about it. we finally get on the train and put our bags above us and sit down. 

Pansy sits across from Mattheo and I. i have my legs on his lap while he rubs them and we talk and laugh. i kinda missed this i know there is a lot going on but this is calming me in a way. having my boyfriend and best friend by my side. as we finally got off of the train we saw my dad waiting for us. i drop my bag and run up to him hugging him.

"hi bug"

"dad" i said between sobs. he pulls away when i feel Mattheo's and Pansy's presence behind me but i back up into Mattheo's arms he sets down my bag that he had picked up from when i dropped it.

"hi Pansy"

"hi Mr. Prince" he turns to Mattheo

"so she has told me a lot about you, you used to be the best friend. right"

"yes sir"

as when Mattheo came over it had always been when my dad was out and then when he would come home we would be in my room so he never officially met him. the first 3 years we were friends he never dared to come over to my house. i always laughed at that. 

"well i know this isn't the right time but May your left you a note and on the front it had told me to give it to you as first as i saw you so here" he passes me a letter with 'To Maya' i stared at it before carefully opening it 

"Dear Maya,
there is no easy way of saying this but it was my time whether I take it on my own or the world does. i love you my sweet girl. i want you to know how proud of you i am. you are dealing with anorexia your whole life. i wish i could take it away and take it from you with how much pain you have gone through from it.
 i will be watching over you and keeping an eye out on you so make good choices. i know this is gonna be tough for you but i had to do it. that you will find out soon. i love you sweetheart."

halfway through i was baling my eyes out all i wanted to do was go home so we did. when we got in the car i sat in the middle between Pansy and Mattheo. although i rested my head on Mattheo's lap while he stroked my hair and read the note. and why were some of the letters in bold writing??

i really didn't care if he did or not. but what confused me is. she had to but what made her have to kill herself and it sounded like she didn't know how she was gonna go. and she said that i will find out soon. what does she mean. i wish i could just ask her so fucking badly. he sighs and puts the paper somewhere i honestly don't know then started rubbing my back with his other hand.

 i could tell both Mattheo and Pansy were giving me worried looks. i slowly fall asleep while laying on Mattheo and i think about an hour later i wake up to someone shaking me lightly i look up and see Mattheo. i smile and he kisses me while i sit up. we both get out and grab our bags. we start walking up the steps and enter.

"so May take Pansy to her room and is Mattheo staying in your room?"

"if that is ok, yea"

"if i wasn't ok with it i wouldn't have asked. of course he can sweetie just no funny business" i giggle but i can see how nervous Mattheo is. so instead of continuing the conversion i walk upstairs and lead Pansy to her room. she hugs me tight before starting to unpack. I walked away bringing Mattheo to my room. on the way I passed my moms room. 

it made me wanna cry but i shook my head and walked past leading him to my room. we get in and drop our bags unpacking for the next 4 days we are gonna be here. i get my bathroom cleaned as it has not been used. as we are doing our own thing we put music on and had little dancing breaks in between. we would dance and laugh. he would spin me and dance.

it was the most fun i have had in a couple of weeks. and for that i was really happy i needed something like that for sure. Pansy and Mattheo were helping me so i didn't fall down a bad hole again and i really appreciated it because if i didn't have them i think i would be trying to join my mom. when we were about to finish up there was a knock on the door.

"come in!"

they open the door and i see Pansy. I smiled at her and picked up the bit of trash i had and stopped the music before joining Mattheo on the bed and so did Pans. we all talked and laughed for hours. i could tell my dad didn't wanna bother us due to he hasn't seen me happy in a while and i guess today was the one day he heard me laugh in a while.

MATTHEO'S POV

she is happy. her smile is real. the note the bolded letter spelt said 'Death Eaters' which means my father must have had something to do with her death. i couldn't tell her she needs to be happy for at least a few hours and Pansy and I made sure to do that. she was laughing i loved her laugh. so much. i was gonna deal with him when we got back to Hogwarts. just to think of her mother's funeral that i have met once and that was in a DE meeting.

i love Maya but this type of information would destroy her and because i am a DE she may think i had something to do with this but i didn't but it definitely could like that i have no doubt. i would never do that to her mother and when i say never i mean, never. i love that girl to much to hurt her family.

at least for right now she is laughing and smiling which is all i care about at the moment. a little while later we get called down for dinner. when we enter we see a plate of spaghetti. i saw Maya laugh when she saw what it was. anyway we sat down and started talking and eating i could tell Maya was hurting due to her mom not being there.

i am sure they had family meals together. there was a seat that no one sat in and i am pretty sure that is the seat her mother sat in because she kept staring at the seat. playing with her food. not eating it which made sense but i decided today i wasn't gonna force her to eat because she already dealt with a lot and i didn't want an argument adding on to that list. 

we have 3 days till this funeral and these 3 days are gonna be hell for her.