Chapter 32 ~ War ~ Part 1

~Maya's pov~

 everyone had fallen asleep and it was good. that night i woke up and felt like i needed to throw up so i climbed out of bed and went to the bathroom sitting down and hoping i didn't need to throw up because hearing someone vomit while waking up doesn't seem to pleased and there were a lot of people in our room. Pansy and I's. 

i ended up throwing up and only Draco woke up. "hey....are you ok" he says sitting down next to me.

"Draco you can go back to sleep"

"no it's alright" i smiled slightly 

"if i am gonna be honest, i am terrified....i know the war is coming soon. i can't stop thinking about Mattheo dying or my friends or even something happens where we lose the baby" i say tears rolling down my cheek. 

"i wish i could say everything will be ok because i don't know that and i am not gonna lie to you. but one thing i can tell you is everything will work out" 

"i am just scared. like what if-"

"stop thinking about the 'what if's' because it's making it worse May it's making it 10x worse then it would be"

"i know this is gonna sound like i am a shit person but i can't lose Mattheo or this baby....i can't do that" 

"You're not a shit person for worrying about the people you care about most's safety" 

"when did you become so mature?"

"Hermione"

"ah makes sense" we both let out a chuckle and it falls into a silence not an awkward one a very comfortable one. i grabbed his hand and squeezed it "thank you dray"

"for?"

"being a great brother" i smiled warmly and he pulled me into a hug. are we ex's, yes we are but he found who he loves, Hermione and i found who i love and i am starting a family with the person. we may be ex's but we think of each other as siblings...now.

i pulled away and smiled at him. suddenly i threw up again. Draco held my hair and rubbed my back...Mattheo woke up. "May?" i could hear the worry in his voice of me not being next to him when he woke up.

"she's in here" Mattheo came into view and smiled before sitting down leaning against the tub. 

"might as well throw a whole party in the bathroom" they laughed and i let out a chuckle 

"how are you my love" 

"terrified" Draco answered for me

"Draco!" i said hitting his arm.

"what i knew you would lie" i sighed and laid in between Mattheo with my head on his stomach. he started playing with my hair. 

"i am scared i know this war is any day now and it just scares me a lot"

"well i hope you know i would protect our family with y life"

"what she's scared about is if you protect your family with your life will actually cost your life" i kicked Draco in the stomach and he clutched it before letting out a laugh "nice kick sis" i laughed. 

"wait you 2 are-"

"no no no no we think of each other as siblings and she is living with me. and she thinks of my mum as her sooo"

"oh oh oh ok" we both laughed. suddenly i hear crashing and loud booms. all 3 of us stand up and look at each other, confused. we are supposed to be with them. yes we may not want to but we were supposed to be whether we were Death Eaters or not. 

one thing that made me feel safe was my magic i didn't need my wand on me at all times to be able to defend myself. Mattheo has been helping me learn how to use it to prepare for this moment. but what scared me is why aren't we with them...not that i wanna be but that was the plan.

"shit. wake everyone up" i say walking over to Pansy and Jack. we started waking everyone up and they ran to their dorms to grab their wands. there were more loud crashing sounds and booms. 

it shook everything. i started to try and make my way to Mattheo without falling. once i got there he held onto me like there was no tomorrow because in all honesty there may not be. we held onto each other and waited for it to stop shaking. once it did we looked at each other with the same face and we both knew what we were thinking.

War is starting.....