Chapter 19 ~ Silent

~Mattheo's pov~

it has been a day since May got tortured. she hasn't really talked at all and distanced herself doing her own thing. she would talk to me when it was just us but it was still rare to get her to talk. sometimes she would actually zone out and start shaking, i would grab her hand and she would look at me giving me a slight smile.

but other times i couldn't because i wasn't next to her. like at breakfast, lunch and dinner. or in classes usually she would sit next to Granger. i would see her talk every now and then but still not a lot. i have been trying to be next to her as much as possible, i am not gonna lie i am very worried. 

"Hey man, you ok" Jack says snapping me out of my thoughts

"i am worried about May"

"me too" class was let out and May was the first out i followed her. i wanted to know if she was ok. i slowly grabbed her upper arm and made sure no one was around before I pulled her into the bathroom. 

"love, are you ok" she just nodded "please i need to hear you"

"i am scared" i felt my face soften and pulled her into a hug. she wrapped her arms around my neck and i snaked my arm around her waist. "i am so scared" she adds letting out a shaky breath

"we miss May, i miss May"

"i know you do and i am sorry"

"don't be i just want my girl back" she laughs into the crook of my neck. i haven't heard that beautiful laugh in 3 days. she pulled away and i cupped her cheeks. "please come back to us, come back to me" 

"i am gonna try" she leans in and kisses me. I pulled her into another hug. and we walked out of the bathroom, heading to lunch. i am gonna talk to my father about letting our relationship be open to the school.  

~Maya's pov~

as we headed into the room i sat down next to Hermione and Pansy. i was there for a few minutes before I felt a tap on my shoulder. Astoria. 

"hey bitch"

"leave me alone Astoria i don't wanna deal with you"

"why? scared?" i scoffed before turning to her

"there is one thing i am not scared of and that is you" 

"Dray Dray why are you with this and her

"because you're an annoying bitch and this group is just better in general" she went to slap me but i grabbed her wrist before her hand made contact with my face. i stood up still holding her wrist.

"let me go you bitch"

"let's get one thing clear stop bothering me or i will hurt you"

"you wouldn't" i scoff and move my feet under hers so she loses balance and falls to the floor. i get on top of her and grab her jawline.

"try me" i whisper. i feel someone grab my arm and take me off her. i look up to see professors  running over to her. i look back to see Mattheo, staring at me. a smile grows on my face and i turn to look back over.

"what has gotten into you Ms. Prince" Dumbledick says

"she was tormenting me, thought i would return the favor" 

"This is not who you are" he says

"maybe it is" i get out of Mattheo's grip and walk to the entrance of the hall but i turn around and make eye contact with Astoria. "by the way, hurt me again i will hurt you more than letting you fall to the ground you can count on that" 

"1 week of detention Ms. Prince" i flip him off

"fuck you" i yell to him walking out, still holding my hand in the air until i walk out. i smile to myself before entering the common room and going to my dorm. i climb into bed and read a book

....

they walk in most of them looking really pissed. expect for Pansy witch i thought was kinda wired.

"what you guys want"

"you to fucking explain what that was" Jack says

"defense" i shrugged.

"That is not you i have been your best friend for over 5 years and boyfriend for almost 2 months that's not you Maya"

"then this is the new Maya"

"we want the old one back. the funny, kind, caring, wouldn't hurt anyone back." Hermione says

"well she is not coming back, sorry to break it to ya" 

"Maya what if cissy saw this, you think of her as a mother so what would she say" Draco says. i didn't say anything. i never thought about cissy.

"Maya we loved to old you"

"fine, but i am not apologizing for hurting Astoria"

"oh god no, but yelling at a professor is not you." Hermione said 

"i am sorry guys" 

"we just want the May we love to stay" Blaise says

"where is Pansy by the way" 

"i don't even know" we laughed. 

"let's have a movie night" Hermione says randomly

"ohhh that sounds fun" Theodore adds

that night we all watched a movie and talked and laughed. it was nice. but the next meeting i am scared to see where i was tortured and hurt. that is what i am scared about doing.