Chapter 25 ~ Father

⚠Warning:⚠ Talk Of Abuse
---------------

~Maya's pov~

i have slowly been getting better. it has been a couple days and Pansy is back in our dorm. i am more comfortable around my guy friends than I was. i have gotten away with sneaking into the astronomy tower instead of going to Snape's class and i know they know. of course they do. 

i was in the tower and I heard footsteps I looked behind me and saw Mattheo. i smile and he sits next to me, i hand him the cigarette knowing he wants a huff. "you can't ditch the class forever"

"well i can right now"

"i will be by your side when you go. i hope you know that"

"i know but it's scary"

"i know, love" but if I did go i would feel proud and i felt i needed something to be proud of. even if i break down or panic Mattheo would be there for help and i know he would. i looked over at him and smiled

"let's go" his eyes widen

"are you sure, love" 

"positive but i am gonna need your help" he smiles and stands up grabbing my hand and pulling me into a hug.

"of course my love" i smiled and we walked to Snape's classroom. i grab onto Mattheo's hand and squeeze it. tight. 

Snape doesn't acknowledge us and lets us walk into class without talking to us. i sit down and Mattheo puts mine and his hand in his lap while he rubs my knuckles. i look at a spot and stare at it. i try to look away but can't. i close my eyes. 

i opened my eyes and took a deep breath. i looked back at Mattheo and he was already looking at me. i put my head on his shoulder and thank god we were in the back of the class. i nuzzle my head into his neck and he kisses my head.

...

"you did it!" Hermione says pulling me into a big hug. i smiled.

"i did do it" Pansy then pulls me into a hug. the boys gave me a high five and Mattheo gave me a hug. right as we are about to enter class i hear over the intercom.

"Can Olivia, Maya and Jack Prince all come down to the headmasters office. i will repeat can Olivia, Maya and Jack Prince come down to the headmasters office" i look over at Jack and shrug we get up and go to Muggles studies as that is the class Olivia has. 

we all meet and head to the office. when we get there he has us sit down.

"you guys aren't in trouble" we all let out a sigh of relief. and Dumbledore chuckles. "but" his face turns serious again "your father he has um- passed" i shake my head and tears start falling slowly 

"no....no" i say. Olivia never really knew our father so it doesn't affect her that badly. but Jack was staring off into space while tears were falling out of my eyes. why can't i ever get a fucking break. Is it like, that hard for the world to be nice to me?

"you will be moving in with your Aunt and Uncle" they used to hurt me. when mom and dad were out they would hurt me if i didn't do something correctly. i feel myself start shaking. Jack and Olivia don't know because they both weren't around. for the first, what? 16 years of my life i thought it was just me and Jack so that says something.

i had to leave i walked to the Black Lake because i couldn't go to the astronomy tower. i just wanted to be by the water, so i went there and tried calming down. of course me trying to calm myself down turned into a panic attack. i was having trouble breathing and slowly made my way closer to the water. 

i stuck my hand in and my breathing slowed. i stared at the water for a while, crying but was able to control the panic attack. when i walked back I knew my eyes were puffy and probably bloodshot. "we are leaving tomorrow so pack" Jack says on the couch staring at the fire.

i nod and walk into my dorm. i look and see Mattheo on my bed reading. he smiled but when he saw my face his smiled and turned into a frown. "what's wrong baby"

"d-dad he-he died" i choked out tears falling down my face once again.

"oh love..." he put his book down and walked over to me hugging me tightly. once we were done i just wanted to cuddle but i had to pack. he wanted to come so he packed his things. he doesn't know my Aunt and Uncle beat me. 

i didn't want him to know. 

i knew he would find out sooner or later. as much as i hated to admit it. 

i took a shower and brushed my teeth and hair before crawling into bed with him and nuzzling my head into his chest. my eyes were getting heavy and i slowly drifting to sleep but before i could fall asleep i heard Mattheo say,

"i love you and i will be by your side through it all" he kissed my head and i smiled. hard. and before i knew it i was asleep. 

Mattheo Riddle's pov: 

This is what he meant by 'she will soon have no one' isn't it?