第2章

Dwarf

"Okay! That's it for this lesson, go to eat some lunch now." Mr. Aoki ended the lesson. Hitomi feels really lucky for not getting thrown by paper planes or pens by Niki these past few lessons. Even though she is sure he'd persecute her for the whole semester. But he would probably get bored easily, so that's why he presumably had victimized plenty of students. Mostly some nerds.

The class started heading out of the room with noise filling the classroom and the corridors. Hitomi stepped out of the room and surprised to meet her best friend, Yuma, already waiting for her.

 "Oh, Yuma! You're here so early" Hitomi said happily. He is something like 5'8 and his innocent face would fool anyone. A dark brown hair and eyes with straight dark eyebrows. 

 "Yeah, the teacher dismissed us a little earlier." Yuma explained while smiling cutely. Hitomi was about to speak when a nudge hit her back and she took support of Yuma in front of her. Yuma caught her with his hands, so she wouldn't fall. 

"Hey! Watch ou-" Hitomi couldn't finish her sentence, when she saw who just poked her. Niki of course. He just walked away after intentionally pushing her while walking past. 

"Aish, that jerk." Hitomi hissed in disgust.

 "What? Who is he?" Yuma inquired. 

"No one, let's just go eat."

"Sure." He replied eagerly.

~

Yuma and Hitomi were sitting in the canteen eating rice and curry soup. They were having just normal talk like best friends do. The canteen is huge and noisy, so they always sit on a table of four further away from the noise.

"Can I sit here?" A girl asked and both of them turned to look who she was.

"Of course, Mina! You're always welcome here." Hitomi said without hesitating.

"Thanks." Mina thanked while sitting next to Hitomi.

"Oh! You're Mina! Hitomi has talked about you a lot, since she doesn't have other friends." Yuma suddenly brought up.

"Hey!" Hitomi poked Yuma's feet under the table.

"Ouch.." Yuma jokingly pouted and caressed his leg.

"It's true, I don't have friends that much but i'm just not good at making those." Hitomi justified herself.

"Yeah, sure." Yuma accepted and digged in his food.

"Ah, look I don't think everyone even needs friends. I don't have much either and not in this school." Mina said calmy. Hitomi placed her palm on Mina's shoulder and smiled saying, "We're you're friends now."

"Okay, then, are you free tomorrow night? I really want to go to karaoke." Yuma said fixing his gaze to Hitomi and Mina.

"Sure." they said simultaneously.

~

It was P.E class, the last period today. They were standing outside in rows. Girls and boys in their own, but facing each other.

"Okay class! Quiet down." Said the P.E teacher to all the students talking. "Today we'll practice serving with pairs." "Whoever is opposite you is your pair, so we don't lose time with choosing ones."

While Hitomi was just talking with Mina next to her, she didn't know who has opposite her so she looked up and saw unfortunately somone she lastly desired. Niki. She froze there for a second. He was the last one she ever wanted to pair up with. She started to examine the rows counting if she possibly maybe could've been wrong. But no. The teacher started to hand the balls first to the boys.

"Mina.." Hitomi almost whispered.

"What?"

"Help me, I don't want to pair up with him."

Mina looked who her pair was. "Oh.. i'm sure you'll survive it." She said hesitantly. "And I have one of his friends too."

"But not him himself!" Hitomi complained.

"Okay! Get in the pairs and begin!" The teacher announced.

Shit..

"Hey, dwarf. What a nice day to be your parter." Niki said in amusement.

"Just shut up and start."

"Why so rude already?" Niki threw the ball to her in wrong direction on purpose, impossible to catch.

"Oh, sorry. My bad." He apologized while grinning.

Whatever, Hitomi said to herself trying to stay calm. She tossed the ball back to him, glaring at him in displease.

Niki threw the ball back, but now so firmly and right at Hitomi's face. She fell down by the force coming from the front. She supported her with her palms while flopping to the grass. She felt a great pain in her right wrist and on her cheek where the ball flew.

"What is your problem!" Hitomi yelled and almost the whole field could hear her shouting.

"I'm sorry I really didn-" Niki got cut off when Mina runned to Hitomi seated on the ground holding her wrist.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?!" Mina raised her voice in concern and crouched to Hitomi.

"Yeah.. just a little sting." She calmly explained to Mina and shortly glanced at Niki again with irritation.

"Mina, take her to the nurse just in case." The teacher instructed shortly.

Mina helped Hitomi to get up and they left the field. Hitomi quickly glanced at Niki feeling her inner demons ready to kill that bastard.

~

"Is it feeling any better?" The nurse asked mildly.

"Yeah."

Hitomi was sitting on a nurse bed with a ice pack on her right wrist, Mina holding it. The room was average size. She has never been in the nurse though. There were four beds in total that were all vacant at the moment, expect the one she was sitting in.

"Your school day is almost over so you girls should go home. Your wrist was slightly strained, but the pain will be gone in no time. You can use some freezer supplies at home if it still stings."

"Thanks miss." Hitomi stood up from the bed, handing the ice pack back.

"Bye then! Take care girls." The nurse said gently.

"Bye!" The girls waved at the nurse and left.

-

They walked together out of the school building while looking the surroundings. It's fall, the trees leafes has turned orange and yellow colours.

"Where's Yuma by the way? Aren't you like always together?" Mina realized suddenly.

"Oh right, Yuma.. I think he was too lazy to catch us up, but it's alright."

"I see."

"Well i need to get going now the buss leaves soon." Mina said her goodbyes and headed to the other direction. Hitomi walks to her house since it's not too far away for a walk. She was just about to exit the school area when she saw a tall figure in front of her.