第20章

Party

The three explored around the house firstly. There were people everywhere. Upstairs were a pool table and some gyus were playing it presently. They found an empty lounge and sat down on a sofa. 

"This party is huge." Yuma sighed.

"What should we do? Now that we are here, we should have fun." Mina noted. For a moment they were thinking about what to do. Suddenly two boys approached them from the pool.

"Yuma, I didn't know you were coming. Come to play with us." One of the boys suggested. Hitomi knew they were Niki's friends. The one who spoke, Eiji is in her class, but she doesn't know the other one's name, but she has seen him with Niki as well.

"Oh, should I?" Yuma eagerly stood up. Hitomi realized that they were from the soccer team, that's why they probably knew Yuma.

"Captain is coming too. He just wanted to have some drinks first." The other boy declared. They left with Yuma and the girls stayed together on the sofa.

Didn't Niki say he wasn't coming? Well, it's none of my business. He goes and comes.

"Alright, then. Should we go dance?" Hitomi suggested.

"Let's go." Mina indifferently replied. They stood up from the sofa and walked past the pool table, because it was the only room from which the stairs went downstairs. Hitomi glanced at Yuma and gave him a thumbs up. The staircase was pretty narrow even though the house was very big. From downstairs there was coming a boy, so she walked closer to the wall for space. 

"Hi, Hitomi." The gyu said in a low voice, while walking past. Hitomi stopped for a moment and looked back in confusion. But as he stepped to the top of the stairs, Hitomi recognized him. Niki looked different. He had a leather jacket on and was in all black. Maybe because she has mainly seen him in the school uniform and she didn't look him in the face, when he sauntered past, that made her not to recognize him. Hitomi left it at that and kept her way with Mina.

~

The music was still loud, but it didn't sound so clamorous into their ears anymore. Mina and Hitomi have been dancing for hours now. They grapped some sodas earlier and drank those. Alcohol was still no for them, just for their health. But they were able to have fun without that.

 Yuma has not been seen for a long time. He is probably having a lot of fun too. Time ran out and it was already late, around 12PM. Hitomi guessed her mother wasn't worried, because she left with her friends after all. 

"I'll use the bathroom quickly." Hitomi informed Mina when they were resting on a sofa. The number of people had started to decrease and most of them were resting or talking calmly. Hitomi walked past many of couples that were kissing and hugging, but she didn't mind them. The people there seemed so drunk. Tired, miscellaneous talking and drunken behavior.

 While heading to the bathroom she saw two people lapped on a sofa in a lounge. The room was dark, but bright enough to see. There was a girl on a gyu's lap and she was playing with his hair. Hitomi couldn't see the girl's face, but the gyu.. It was Niki. She quickly hid behind a wall and listened their conversation. Niki's love life. How can't someone become curious? 

"That girl, Niki. The small one. Do you like her?" The female voice flirtatiously asked him.

"Hitomi? No. She's just someone to tease." Niki answered slowly and with throaty voice.

"Then prove it. Kiss me." She kept the same tone. For a while Hitomi didn't hear anything just the sound of rustling clothes and the creaks of the sofa they were on.

"Not here, Sana. Somebody could see." 

"There's no one. And why would they care?" 

Hitomi's small smile dropped rapidly. She felt like something pierced through her. Not because of jealousy. It was anger and confusion. She quickly left and entered the bathroom.

What the hell? Didn't he say himself that she was a psycho? What a hypocrite. I hate him. I mean, she's really pretty. But all the things she did to me.. Niki knew! Well, what was I thinking? He cared? Of course not, he's still just that mean and rude class menace. Aush, I hate him!

"What took you so long?" Mina asked when Hitomi came back from the bathroom.

"I don't know. Should we go home?" Hitomi suggested suddenly.

"So suddenly? Well, alright. What about Yuma? We haven't seen him recently." 

"Yeah, um. Let's go find him first." 

Mina and Hitomi climbed upstairs and searched the rooms. Yuma was in the last room playing cards with some gyus. 

"Yuma. Me and Hitomi are leaving. Are you coming too?" Mina asked.

"Oh. We have an unfinished game to play. You can leave without me." Yuma informed, while the other boys were slamming cards on the table. 

"Okay. Let's go then, Hitomi."

"Wait!" One of the boys said and turned to look at the girls. "Have you seen Niki? I guess he ran away from the game." 

Mina looked at Hitomi thinking that have they seen him. "No, we haven't." Hitomi answered.

"Alright then." He turned back to the game and kept playing while the girls left. 

It was really dark outside when they left the house. Almost completely dark. Only the few streetlights could light up the road. Hitomi walked with Mina untill they had to go in different directions. She hasn't walked these roads often, since the party was on a street she usually don't visit. But the way home was clear.

 Normally Hitomi isn't scared of walking alone in dark alleys, but today there was something spooky. She felt like somebody was following her or just watching her. It might be because of the unfamiliar place, that made it creepy. Suddenly she felt the urge to run. Her running footsteps echoed in the empty alley. 

Finally Hitomi could slow down a bit, when she saw people around the 'open  24/7' store. She took a deep breath and continued by walking. After a brief moment she arrived at home. When she opened the front door it was really quiet. Her mother was sleeping so she had to keep quiet. It was a tiring night and she was too lazy to take a shower, so she'll leave it till tomorrow morning. Hitomi scrambled to her soft mattress after changing her clothes to pajamas and went to her dreamland.