第17章

The Game

After the unusual school day, Hitomi could finally rest on her own mattress at home. No matter how hard she tried not to think about the scene at the rooftop, it just lingered in her mind. What does Sana intend to do next? Now as she saw how Niki came to the rooftop as well. She would probably misunderstand the whole thing. 

Hitomi felt her phone vibrating and checked what notifications she got. A message from an unknown person again. Niki?  Yes, she didn't yet save his number. 

____________
3:47 PM

Unknown: Hitomi?

Me: What

Unknown:  If you don't want to tell it face to face, can you now tell me what you are doing with Sana. Why did she treat you like that?

Unknown: And I know, that she was the one who got your clothes soaked the other day

____________

How did he know? What am I supposed to answer now?  Why does he want to know?

Hitomi sat on her bed for a while, pondering what she really should answer. Tell the truth? How it would affect him? On the other hand, at the same time, she would reveal that Sana likes him. But what does it matter? The girl is quite a mess and crazy.

____________
3:52 PM

Me: Okay whatever. She likes you and thinks there is something between us. Or, she says I revolve around you which is not true and she has completely misunderstood. She wants me to stay away from you by threatening and bullying

Unknown: Really? I actually knew she liked me. But it doesn't matter because she has no right to treat you like that. And that wasn't really just bullying anymore, it was sexual harassment. Don't listen to what she says, it's better not to stoop to her orders

_____________

Maybe Hitomi felt a little bit better now, as she told at least someone. But what would he do even though he knew the truth now? Say to Sana that he doesn't like her back? That wouldn't help a thing. 

And what Niki said about sexual harassment is true, but didn't he himself do it to Hitomi once or twice? Or at least small acts of it. But it didn't feel the same, no. It felt like Niki never really meant any harm, and Hitomi knew him, unlike she knew those boys.​

~

Hitomi stepped through the front door and the bright sunlight shone straight to her eyes even though it was so early in the morning. Her home wasn't a long distance away from her school so the walk goes by foot.

School's front gate creaked as she entered the front yard. After a while she felt a friendly nudge on her back, "Hey, dwarf!"

Hitomi acted unbothered when it felt like he was willing to tease her so early in the morning. "What do you want?" She kept up the pace as Niki started to walk besides her.

"Nothing. Though, are you gonna come watch the game today?" 

"Yes. Why?" 

"Don't forget to cheer me on." Niki subtly stated and winked his left eye.