第8章

Lost in The Dark

Hitomi was sitting on her bed doing nothing. It was already pretty late and she hasn't gotten out from her room. Actually she just didn't want to see Niki now. "It's so boring, ugh."

I'm just gonna go outside for a moment

She walked to the vestibule and wore her sneakers. Niki was sleeping on the couch, when she happened to glance over there. Again, the TV was still on and he had fallen asleep while watching it. She felt better knowing he was unconscious, so a small smile crept on her face. And then she headed out.

It was dark and chilly and she was only wearing her hoodie. But she liked the cold wind that touched her bare skin through her hoodie. She saw some girls at the campfire chatting together. After a moment she noticed a white cat near her cabin.

"Oh look at you, where did you come from?" Hitomi started walking slowly towards the cat, but the cat tingled away.

"Wait!" She sprinted after the cat, willing to pet it. The cat ran into the woods and she followed it. After a while Hitomi lost the cat.

"Well, I think she doesn't like people." She smiled and looked behind her. It was dark, hard to see anything, but the cat was white and she saw it, which made her not to realize she totally lost the way se came from.

"Oh, shoot." She started looking for her phone to use a locator and a flashlight. Goosebumbs rose up from her spine, when she didn't feel anything in her pockets.

"No.."

"What am I gonna do now?"

"I'll just try to walk back the direction I came from that's all."

Hitomi saw only trees and the walk felt way longer than she did, when she was after the cat. Hitomi is lost. Fear gripped her whole body. She thought for a second what could she do, but didn't make up any ideas.

Am I gonna die here? Maybe freeze to death? It's cold.. I can't see anything. I'm scared..

-

Niki woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. He checked his phone, but no one was calling.

"Answer your phone!" He commanded Hitomi, when clearly it was her phone then. But there was no response.

"Hitomi!" He shouted again and with no response. He got up from the laying position, confused why she didn't answer him and the phone especially.

What the hell?

Niki stood up from the sofa, walking towards Hitomi's room and stormed inside. "Didn't you hear me? Answer the damn pho-" He got cut off when there was no one in the room, just the phone ringing on the empty bed. He walked towards the phone to see who was calling.

YUMA

He dismissed the call, knowing it was just one of her friends.

"Hitomi?" He enquired, but still with no response.

Maybe she's in the bathroom then.

Niki was about to go back to sleep, but quickly glanced at the bathroom, just to see that the door was wide open and there was no one inside.

"Where in the earth did she go?"

He put on his shoes and checked outside from the terrace. At the campfire, some distance away, he saw those same girls, that Hitomi saw earlier. He decided to go ask them.