第19章

Gray Estate

Do boys actually take this long to shower? I've waited for decades

Hitomi was patiently waiting her bestfriend, to congratulate him for the game. Even though, they lost. But she thinks it'd be nice to show her support. She was sitting on a bench in front of the players locker rooms. Boys began to leave the dressing room one after the other and in small groups, but she still didn't see Yuma anywhere. Hitomi was getting bored of the waiting.

Finally, after a brief moment she saw Yuma, who left the room and now was walking towards Hitomi, as he saw her there. But he wasn't alone. There were a tall figure besides him. She wasn't surprised, because she knew Yuma has made a lot of friends since he joined the team. But this person Hitomi already knew. The almost blonde hair that was now moist and tumbled dangling over his eyes. His expression was cold, and his sharp gaze could probably pierce her in two. Does he always look like that? She diverted her eyes on Yuma and smiled softly.

"You were great Yuma! Even though you didn't win today, you'll always be the winner for me." Hitomi gently nudged Yuma. A happy smile crept on his face. "Thanks." 

Hitomi glanced at Niki who still stood there, but didn't say anything. It honestly felt weird that he was quiet. It didn't feel right at all. Is he still in pain or is he just sulking about their defeat? He still had the cast on his arm, though.

Did his bone broke? Of course not, he should be in hospital then.

"And you too Niki, you were good as well. And is your arm okay?" 

"Yeah, it's fine." He coldly responded and swinged his arm behind his torso. The atmosphere was getting heavier and kinda more awkward. She had to break the gloom around her. "Hm. Yeah! And a girl from my class just invited me to a party tonight to celebrate the game even though we didn't win. But that doesn't matter. She said to bring friends." 

"Oh my god, really?!" Yuma eagerly responed.

"Who?" Niki asked curiously, but still a little coldly, or then he was just tired.

"Maya, from our class. Why?"

"Nothing."

"Somebody has probably invited you already."

"Yeah, they have, but I'll pass."

"Why? You're the team captain?" Hitomi asked in confusion. Sure, he sprained his arm or something, but a gyu like him would not probably miss parties like this. Or, actually how would she know.

"I have no time and I'm not in the mood anyway. Bye then." Niki explained frankly and then left with small goodbyes. Yuma and Hitomi watched dumbfounded as he left so urgently.

"Well, I guess he was in a hurry." Yuma stated and scratched the back of his head.

"What's with him?" Hitomi inquired curiously, while furrowing her eyebrows.

"Honestly, I don't know. So, let's just let him be."

~

A fragrant scent filled her house when Hitomi entered from the front door. It smelled so familiar and cozy. She glanced at the source of the scent which happened to be her mother cooking in the kitchen. A smile came over her face and she threw off her shoes as she also hung her fabric jacket on a peg. 

"What are you making?" Hitomi asked when she slowly approached the kitchen counter.

"Your favourite, Champon." Her mother smiled and placed a bowl of noodles with pork, vegatables and seafood in front of Hitomi. 

"Ooh, I love it." She declared even though she didn't even taste it yet, but she know it will be good. Her mother asked a lot about the game. Hitomi told her that they didn't win and how the other team played unfairly. After finishing her meal she climbed upstairs and lay on her bed. Suddenly she remembered the party tonight. 

Oh right

Hitomi opened her wardrope to find some good clothes to wear to the party. They were scare, since she rarely wears nicer clothes. She ended up picking a black skirt and a skin-tight white shirt with lace. They fit well together, when she looked herself from the mirror. For her hair, she just left it open. 

~

Hitomi, Yuma and Mina stood in front of a gray estate with two floors. Yes, they didn't forget to invite Mina as well. Her babysitting duty was over for today, so she came to have some fun too. The house was way bigger than Hitomi ever thought. She would think it was a normal sized house with a medium-sized housewarming party. But it looked expensive and huge. And there were way more people than she thought. The music was blasting loudly and they could hear it all the way out.

"Are you sure it's this?" Mina asked questionably.

"Well, it must be this one." Yuma insured. Hitomi went speechless. Suddenly she didn't want to enter there at all. It would be so noisy and crowded. But she gathered up her courage and told herself to go on.

"Yeah, it's this. Let's go." Hitomi assured and started approaching the front door with Yuma and Mina following her.

The front door was slightly open. They looked at each other and then nodded determinedly and entered inside. There indeed was a lot of people. The people were dancing, playing games and drinking. No one actually noticed them when they entered, but it was alright, because Hitomi doesn't like that the attention is on her, even though it often happens that way. 

"Hitomi! There you are!" Maya shouted, when she saw Hitomi coming from the vestibule. She seemed so happy. Hitomi could think she was already a bit drunk. Maya hugged Hitomi in a small way and then looked at the boy and the girl next to her.

"And you brought friends, of course!" She hugged Mina and Yuma quickly as well and then started to inform about the party, "So, firstly do whatever you like, except breaking places of course. There in the kitchen is beverages. There is soda and alcoholic ones too, so take whatever you want. And.. Yeah, upstairs there are games like card games and pool. If you want to make out with someone, please do it somewhere else than here in the dance floor. There is lounges around the house." 

They all stopped for a moment. Alcohol? Making out? That was something none of them has ever done.

"Yeah, thanks." Hitomi replied.

"Have fun!" Maya lastly wished and then left.