第35章

Corridor Fight

Hitomi woke up again to her phone's alarm. It was time for school again. She did her regular morning routines even though she didn't really want to go to school again. Hitomi doesn't usually eat breakfast. She only eats when her mother cooks her something, but today Emiko has left earlier to work.

Hitomi wore the necklace that Yuma gave her, in addition to her school uniform. She was too lazy to style her hair, so she only straightened her bangs.

She hung the keychain, that she got from her mother to her school back. Niki had almost matching, but he probably wouldn't use it anyway? And it's not even exactly the same.

It was really cold outside, since it was early in the morning and the middle of winter. And Hitomi left even extra early, so she wouldn't see Niki on the way. But she'd see him at school anyway.

~

Hitomi didn't know where Mina and Yuma were, but she went to her locker by herself and was about to grap some books. She flinced hard when a loud slam to a locker door was heard right next to hers. Her eyes widened and she closed the locker door a little to see behind it. She looked at the person who made that loud sound. First she saw only a chest, but she raised her gaze and saw Niki with an unreadable expression. 

"Why have you been ignoring me?" He asked calmly, but Hitomi could almost hear the anger and frustration through his voice. 

"What do you mean?" Hitomi asked, acting unaware.

"What do I mean? You should know that. I've send you several messages. You saw them, but answered none of them. Why? What did I do again?" He inquired irritably. Hitomi thought for a while. She wasn't definitely gonna tell about the dream that was mostly the reason she didn't want to contact. 

"Why can't I do that? I don't think were that close."

"We don't have to be super close for you to only answer a single message?!" He said and now he sounded angry. Why does he even care so much?, Hitomi thought. "So, you ignored me by choice, didn't you?" He added.

"I didn't ign-" She started, but Niki cut her off. "Hitomi, I thought we were in good terms, but weren't we? I really don't know what to do with you! I've been trying to change from my old self and maybe I succeeded. But, you! You still think me as the villain of your story, don't you!?" 

Some students noticed his shouting and began to watch them to observe the situation. If Niki starts yelling at her, she has the rights as well. Hitomi can't believe how fast he can get angry and for stupid reasons, but her patience with him isn't always enough either. "Maybe we are in better terms, but it's all your fault! Did you think I had forgotten everything you did to me? No! You are the villain in my story, Riki!" Hitomi shouted back. 

Now even more people heard them and started gathering around them. Either of them cared and they focused only to each other.

"How can you say that, really?! There were times I even offered my help, but you refused! And now you are totally painting me as the villain!" 

It was true, there were times he offered his help. Like example, after she got soaked by Sana and the girls. And at the rooftop. He knew what happened then. But wasn't it all his fault in the first place?

"It's true! But it all happened because of you!" Hitomi accused.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Get your fucking nerves together!" Niki cursed, totally enraged. Hitomi had enough. She hates it when people starts cursing, and especially when they curse at her.

"Do not curse at me!" She shouted and nudged his shoulder. He almost didn't budge at all, but it felt good at the moment. 

"Don't push me." Niki commanded.