第15章

Between Us?

"Isn't Mina here yet?" Hitomi asked in the school corridor. She took Yuma with her for her locker visit, as she found him earlier wandering around the corridors as well.

"No. She is usually just in time so don't worry." Yuma asnwered.

"You're right. Yuma, help me with something."

"What is it?" He enquired.

"Is there anyone at your locker rooms at morning?" She asked.

Yuma faced the ground, pondering what to answer, "Well.. there isn't people at the field so early.. So I guess not. But, why are you asking?"

Hitomi grapped Yuma by his shirt, "Okay, come with me."

"Where are we going?" He asked in confusion.

Hitomi didn't say anything while dragging him around the corridors and stopped at the boys locker room."Why are we here?" Yuma asked. He followed Hitomi as she determinedly entered the room. She walked a short distance between the locker aisles and stopped in front of a certain cabinet. She opened it and began to search something from her schoolback.

"Wait. Isn't this Niki's locker?" Yuma pointed at the open locker in front of them. She took the brown hoodie from her back and quickly put it inside the locker. Yuma eyes widened in shock. "What?! Is that Niki's shirt?!"

"Shh, it's a long story." Hitomi hissed disapprovingly and closed the locker. Then she quickly headed out of the room. Yuma followed her while overcharging her with questions, "Why do you have it? Did you stole it? Or did he gave it?! Gosh.. I always knew there were something between you two."

She placed her index finger in front of his face threateningly. "Do not tell this to anyone, alright?"

Yuma nodded and a mischievous smile crept on his face.

"And no! There is nothing 'between' us." She ensured him in aversion. He still kept showing a smirk.

~

The lab classroom was full of talking as usually. Hitomi was sitting with Mina on the double desk besides the windows. The sun shone directly into the room, making the space fill with daylight.

"Okay, everyone! I'll be your substitute for science today. Since your actual teacher is absent today." Mrs. Uemura Informed. 

"You can choose your groups to do the project with. Expect you Mr. Nishimura." The teacher said and began to approach Niki, whilst he was still chatting with his friends and not paying attention. When Niki heard his name, he directed his gaze on the teacher.

"Why me?" He asked in confusion.

"I think you should know that yourself Mr. Nishimura." She crossed her arms waiting him to acknowledge why. He jokingly smiled when he realized.

"Oh, you still hold a grudge about that."  He hit the desk in amusement and looked at his friends, who were trying not to laugh.

"I don't allow you and your friends to fill the classroom with toxic gas again and put others at risk." She sarcastically brought back. 

"Ayy, that was an accident, what could I do? And that happened like a year ago."

"However you want to think it like. But you can go to Ms. Myoui's group instead."

Niki looked at the group she pointed at, "Okay." He proudly replied with no hesitation and stood up from his seat. He took a chair opposite of Hitomi and sat on it with an annoying smirk. "Hey, dwarf."