2. TROUBLE??!!

Pratyaksha walked into the kitchen to have some water. It was 2 in the night. She frowned when she saw Agastya walking back to the outhouse. Kitchen window had a direct view to the outhouse. And this was not the first time she is seeing him at that time. She saw him for about 4 to 5 times that way. Where did the man go at this time? She wanted to confront him many times but she couldn't because of the way he always kept her at a distance. She didn't know why he does that. His eyes say something and he speaks something. She could feel it.

She shrugged off her thoughts and walked back to her room with a water bottle this time. She had to sleep. She loved her sleep more than anything in the world. She hopped on the bed and snuggled into her sister who smiled in sleep. She didn't understand why her sister preferred to sleep with her when she had a whole bedroom for her. But she liked it that way.

The next morning was the same with everyone needing Agastya for one or the other thing and he dealing with utmost patience and a feeble smile. Only three persons can make him actually smile. One was Harika and other is Anjali! He doesn't want to accept the third one.

Harika was running down on the stairs. She was almost about to slip. Everyone called out for her in horror but were relieved when they saw Agastya catching her at the end moment. She sighed and looked at Agastya – Thank you bhaiyya. Aaj aapne meri haddi toot jane se bacha liye.

Agastya gently– Aaram se kyu nahi chalti tu Harika?

Harika gave a sheepish smile. Agastya shook his head and ruffled her hair – Walk carefully Harika.

Harika – Are bhaiyya... Aap ho na Mujhe bachane ke liye. Mujhe pata hai aap kuch nahi hone doge Mujhe!

Agastya looked away while Harika ran into the kitchen. He saw Pratyaksha walking down and composed himself pretty quickly.

But Pratyaksha saw the hurt that flashed in his eyes which he covered oh so diligently. She frowned. What was there to get hurt? If anything, the way Harika said those words, any one should smile. Why did she see the pain in his eyes as if he remembered something?

Satya came to Agastya running – Papa bula rahe hai tume Agastya, Urgent!

Agastya frowned at him – Relax Satya. Saas lelo. Mai jata hu.

Pratyaksha frowned and followed them out. What made her brother tense?

Agastya and Pratyaksha were shocked to see someone pushing Raghav. Agastya immediately ran to him to break the fall. He made him stand – Aap teek hai sir?

Raghav took a deep breath and nodded.

Pratyaksha went to the other side and gave him water. She glared the people who pushed her father. They were all well-built gym bodies in black suits and a man sat in chair infront of them. To be honest, they looked like a bunch of baboons to her. Why can't they have normal clothes?

Pratyaksha – Kya battameze hai yeh?

Raghav is a very strict man with his own set of rules but he didn't believe in one man army or dictatorship. He never thought twice before giving his daughters all the freedom they deserve. He never stopped any of them from voicing out their opinions or aggressions unless they meant harm mentally or physically. That is the reason, everyone respected Sharma family, not only Raghav Sharma! For the villagers, all the Sharmas are as mighty as Raghav Sharma, the president is. That is also the reason, the women of the village are not as backward as of other villages were.

Pratyaksha was rarely aggressive but when poked, she was a firebrand!

A goon, there was no other way to describe them according to Pratyaksha, talked but their head who was sitting on the chair still sat like dead statue, much to her annoyance – Apne baap ko bol ki chup chap papers sign karde. Pichle 8 mahine se pareshan kar raha hai!