30. MISSION SUCCESSFUL!!

Harika dozed off on the couch, in outhouse, waiting for Agastya. 

Agastya reached home, almost after 4 hours and he looked in a better mood. He was always in a better mood when he goes missing for hours. He went straight to the kitchen, to grab something and passed a smile to Anjali who was cutting fruits. She swatted away his hands when he reached for Banana and gave him a glass of Buttermilk first. Agastya drank it in one go and when Anjali passed him a bowl of watermelon, he denied and offered to come back and eat after a nice shower. She nodded and he walked away to the outhouse.

He stepped into the house and was startled to see Harika sleeping on his couch. He hesitated to wake her up or let her sleep but he badly needed a shower. He gently shook her "Harika.." 

After a couple of nudges from Agastya, Harika opened her eyes groggily. She looked around and got up once she realized what she was doing in Agastya's room. She looked at him hopefully and was all set to start her apology but Agastya spoke first "Ghar jao. Jaate vakt darwaza bandh kardena." He said and turned around to grab a towel but Harika caught hold of his wrist, stopping him. Agastya turned around but there was no emotion in his eyes. Her eyes teared up but she bravely blinked them away "Aap aise kyu behave kar rahe ho, Bhaiyya?!" 

Agastya faced her squarely, with a solid 6 feet wall around his heart "Kaise behave kar raha hu mai Harika?"

"Aap baat hi nahi kar rahe ho mujhse, Bhaiyya. Dekh bhi nahi rahe ho meri taraf." 

"Ab kar raha hu na, Harika. Bolo. Kuch kaam tha?" He asked, as politely as he could. 

Ouch!! That hurt. She knew beating around the bush will only waste her time. "Aap gussa nahi ho mujhse?" Harika asked straight up.

Agastya shook his head "I don't have a reason to be, Harika." 

Harika couldn't control her tears this time. His cold and closed off tone was not something she could handle and she was not even expecting it. She expected a prolonged silence or some ignorance from his part but she didn't expect him to be cold and polite with her. He was never like that with her. Not even when he stepped into the house for the first time. 

Her grip on his wrist tightened as she cried out "I am sorry Bhaiyya. Please aise mat baat karo mujhse. You have all the reasons to be angry with me! I crossed you and cheated. Then chose to take Di along instead of convincing you just because you got angry at me for being reckless."

Agastya looked away when his hands itched to wipe away the tears and pull the girl into his embrace. He tried to pull back his hand but Harika just hugged him tightly and continued "You always took my side Bhaiyya. Once you don't, I ditch you. That is reason enough for you to get angry!! Gussa karlo but don't be like this please."

She pulled back and looked at him "Trust me Bhaiyya, I didn't do this to hurt you or disrespect you!! I sorted with Di because I got scared of your anger. Aadat nahi thi na mujhe. Aap ne mere alawa kisi pe bhi gussa nahi kiya. I was a stupid to think that you only get angry at me because I am very young, just like everyone does. I thought you are not different.

Agastya just looked on as Harika continued "But you proved me wrong when you didn't hold it against me when I took Di to college. You didn't get angry but you started treating me like you do with everyone else. That hurt me bad. I felt like I lost something really special. A special place in your heart which only I had. I am really sorry Bhaiyya! Kabhi hurt nahi karungi aapko aise, no matter what. Just don't pull back from me, please.

She buried her face in his chest and cried, once she finished. Agastya blinked back the tears that threatened to rush out of his eyes. He fisted his hands, trying to control himself, to not give in and hug the girl. His brain was screaming to pull away and step back but his traitor heart didn't agree with it. It was urging him to wrap his arms around his sister and console her, even if it meant that there are chances of his heart breaking again. He was fighting a war with himself while Harika was crying. He kicked aside his battle and decided to make the girl stop crying first. He pulled her away from him "Stop crying, Harika..." He trailed off when Harika swayed and caught on to his arms. She tried to shake away the dizziness she felt.