8. RESPONSIBILITY!!

If anyone had it in them to anger the ever calm Anjali Sharma, it was Harika.

Anjali was glaring the girl standing in front of her, with her head bowed down. To say she was furious would be an under statement of the year. Her husband, standing beside her, was angry as well, but not as much as his wife was.

Pratyaksha mirrored her mother's emotions just fine. She was angry as hell. If not for everyone standing in the living room, her sister would be nursing a bruised cheek by now. She detested few things in her life and she didn't know how her sister managed to do one of those few things.

Satya Sharma is not angry and he didn't understand why his family is angry. The girl just tried to cheat in an exam. She didn't do a crime. Did she? He was clueless, as always.

After few minutes of silence, which stretched more than it need to be, Anjali spoke, her tone harsh and non forgiving - Ye jo tumne kiya.. Vo bahut galat hai Harika. Bahut zyada galat!! Vaise galati tumhari nahi hai. Meri hai!! Is maamlein mein, mai teri koi madat nahi karne wali. Nahi hum me se koi College authorities se baat karenge. Fail hone ke dar mein ye kiya na tune.. Ab fail tho ho hi gayi aur sath sath cheater ka tag bhi leliya. Karo jo karna hai tumhe!!

Anjali blasted Harika off and walked out. She was a very calm and patient woman but at times like these, she knew she won't be able to control herself. She walked out before she said something which she won't be able to take back. She didn't want to hurt anyone in her anger. She can't live with the feeling that she hurt someone out of her anger, even if her anger was justified. She is just that way.

Another reason she walked out was also guilt. She was the one who saved Harika from everyone's anger most of the times. If that gave the girl an impression that she can do anything and she is unanswerable, then it is definitely her mistake. The girl should realize that her actions, good or bad will be held accountable in this house. With these thoughts, she walked into her kitchen and sent away all the assistants. She started cooking herself. She hoped that it will be able to help her calm down.

Raghav Sharma, started as soon as his wife walked out. He was a very great father who gave all the freedom, his daughters wanted. But he didn't encourage any kind of acts which are unacceptable or can be seen as a black dot by society.

Raghav - Tumari himmat kaise hui Harika?? Tune humare izzat ke bare mein bhi nahi socha? Log kya kahenge ab humare bare mein? Kya izzat reh jayegi meri ab gaav valo ke samne? Humne tumhe kabhi majboor nahi kiya hai, ki tumhe pass hona hai ya padna zaruri hai!! Padayi karni tumari apni marzi thi. Kya humne tume kabhi kuch kaha is bare mein?? Bolo!! Ab chup kya khadi ho?

Raghav raised his voice dangerously that Harika flinched very badly. Her eyes filled up with unshed tears. She did many things which are not acceptable for any normal Indian parents but that is the first time she got caught and is held accountable for her actions. She never thought the reason behind the unacceptable things as in why are they unacceptable in general. Now that she is being held accountable, by her father, she didn't like it. Every fiber in her being wanted to justify her act as every one does cheat in exams. No big Deal. But stopped herself when she heard her father's words. They were hurting her and she didn't think she deserved such harsh words. Tears rushed into her eyes.

Her silence angered Raghav - Kal se tum College nahi jaa rahi ho.

Harika's head snapped towards him in shock.

Raghav - Aise hi padke Degree laana hai, tho koi zarurat nahi hai college jane ki. Humari izzat bhi reh jayegi.

Harika was shocked to say the least. She didn't want to loose out on her freedom neither did she want to loose her friends. She liked her college life. She was about to argue, Agastya intervened - Sir please. Aap iss vakt bahut gusse mein hai. Bachi hai. Samjhadenge tho samajh jayegi. This is too big of a punishment.