7. EXAM FEVER!!

Ambedkarpur
---------------------

Anjali sat in the living room, waiting for the dinner to be served. She had a smile pasted across her face. If someone told her 3 months ago, that she would be sitting in the living room, waiting for the dinner to be served, She would have laughed it off. But it had become her routine now.

She was startled out of her thoughts when Agastya walked out of kitchen, followed by Harika. Anjali shook her head. She tried to stop her younger daughter but the girl was too stubborn to listen to her. The girl had insisted on helping Agastya but she was sure, the girl might have just doubled Agastya's work! Other than that, she had no complaints. She didn't know why and how, but Agastya made it a ritual to cook on every Saturday night. It had been 2 months, he broke down in her arms. He was still the same Agastya. Calm, peaceful, carrying a ton of sadness and guilt on his shoulders and in his eyes, but he was smiling a bit often these days. He started talking a bit more, maybe. She was glad with these minor changes. Another thing, which didn't go unnoticed by her was, his carefree nature when he was with Harika. For some reason, her younger daughter was able to bring a different Agastya out of the Agastya Anand they all know. What she didn't know was... Her younger daughter brings out the real Agastya.

She realised, she got lost in her thoughts, again, when her younger daughter slightly nudged her to have food placed infront of her. She smiled and took a bite. And just like the past 8 Saturdays, the food was delicious. She never felt jealous of someone else's cooking skills, but Agastya was bringing the jealousy out of her. She smiled to herself at the thought!

She looked up at her family who were munching on the food without caring the world around them. It didn't surprise her anymore. She got used to it. They all got used to it. It had become their weekly routine, afterall.

Pratyaksha Sharma is a very patient human being. She can tolerate most of the things with a smile on her face. But, her younger sister knows how to push her limits, a bit too well. So much that it wonders Pratyaksha, if she is really not being that patient. She glared her sister, who was now sitting in her room, on her bed, with 2 books infront of her, a pen, whose cap is chewed off by the way, in her hand and the expression that might have resembled of Einstein's, when he was in the process of inventing bulb.

Pratyaksha rubbed her face and took a deep breathe - Harika...

Harika hummed in response.

Pratyaksha forced a smile - Tum apne room mein jake padai kyu nahi karlete?

Harika shook her head, scribbling something in her rough book - Mujhe vaha neend aati hai.

Patience!! Pratyaksha reminded herself - Tho sojao na, Harika.

Harika looked up with annoyance - Kya hai aapka Di? Pad rahi hu na mai? Kyu disturb kar rahe ho? Kal mera exam hai! Sojaungi tho kaise chalega? Aap likhoge kya mere liye exam?

Pratyaksha glared the girl and whacked her - Ek raat mein padai karke kuch nahi honewala! This may help you pass.. but this gets you no where you idiot! Isse acha tho tu so jaa! Yaa go to your room and study. I need to sleep and I can't until the lights are on! Out!

Pratyaksha was too upfront and it came out rude than she intended it to be. But she had no regrets. She just spoke facts. She would rather have her sister sleep than having a namesake degree which would get her nowhere.

Just like Pratyaksha had no regrets speaking the facts, Harika also had no regrets for starting her preparation just a night before her exam. She listened from one ear and let it out from another. She ignored her sister royally and looked back into her book - I have no time for this Di. Get an eye mask and sleep. I am not leaving this room and neither are the lights going off.