11. APOLOGY!

Harika was pacing in front of kitchen for almost 15 minutes trying to gain some courage and face her mother. As far as she remembers, that is a first for her. She never had to think much before going to her mother, even when she was at fault. Because her mother never walked out on her, especially not after scolding her like that. Her mother always took her side. She saved her from everyone's anger, almost every time she pulled some stunt. Honestly speaking, she felt betrayed when her mother walked out like that. She, as usual, expected her mother to save her. But her perspective changed after the conversation she had with Agastya. What she did now, is not some silly thing or prank, which can be unseen.

According to everyone, what she did was not only morally wrong but also a criminal offense. Even though, opting for unfair means, is normalized in few households, her's never approved of it. Such things were not expected from her and they had been vocal about it all along. By doing that, she hurt their feelings and by being nonchalant about it, she dissed their parenting, in a way. And they don't deserve that!! For that and that alone, she is here, to apologize. She took a deep breathe and reminded herself of why she is here and walked inside.

Anjali looked at her daughter and ignored her. If the girl is here, thinking that she can talk her way out of it, she is definitely wrong.

Anjali's ignorance stung Harika more than anything. Tears rushed into her eyes but she blinked them back and approached her mother cautiously.

"I am sorry, Mumma." She apologized to her mother. Anjali turned around in shock listening to the words that slipped out of her daughter's mouth. Out of everything she expected her daughter to talk, apology is the least of it. Her younger daughter never apologized. She only knows how to talk her way out of it. The girl is gifted with charming innocence and those cute eyes, which did half of the work.

Harika missed out on her mother's reaction completely as she was looking down and continued "I am really sorry Mumma. I am not sorry that I cheated. I still don't understand why it is that big of a problem, but I am truly sorry that I cheated, despite knowing that you won't appreciate it. I hurt you and I have no right to do such thing. I made a mistake, knowing that it would hurt my family. I am sorry for that."

Anjali could hear the honesty in her daughter's voice. After a long time, she saw such honesty from her younger daughter. She could always see through her kids but she let them get away with almost everything. Last time Harika was this honest, was when she fought with her only best friend and realized that she was wrong. Her daughter realized her mistake and confessed it to her before going to her friend.

The girl standing in front of her was not dishonest, but she was not completely honest as well. Until and unless Harika realizes that she is wrong, she never apologizes, not even to get her way out of it. She knows what works with each of them and she never thinks to use that knowledge for her gain. But this time, she didn't chose that path and came to her, with an apology. Now that is change, which is a shock to her. When she heard that Agastya stepped in to save Harika, she was a bit disappointed. She didn't expect Agastya to support Harika. But now she can see, he didn't support her but made her realize the mistake. He did something which none of them did. She decided to trust the honesty in her daughter's voice and Agastya's involvement in this, like she always does.

She made her daughter look up. A hint of smile on Anjali's face eased Harika to some extent.

"Tumne maafi maangi aur maine maaf kardiya. Lekin dubara repeat mat karna. Thappad pad jayega. Hmm?"

Harika nodded with a smile and hugged her mother tightly. She whispered "Aap college authorities se baat karoge?"

Anjali shook her head and pulled back. She looked straight into her daughter's eyes "Nahi. Mai kisi se baat nahi karungi. Apne Papa se bhi khud baat karlena. Aur agar vo maan gaye, tho chale jaana college. Galti kiya na tune, manao sabko." She declared.