CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The days were passing rapidly with the same boring schedule. With Stefan visiting the hospital daily, I felt myself becoming ill day by day. My health had gotten so poor that John suggested me to leave for a little while and travel abroad. I can't blame him for that decision; I have nearly lost everyone who I loved dearly. Canada for a week and spend some time in Germany. 

            Everyday Stefan used to cheer me up talking about his life in some country over in the East, and then changes the subject and asked questions about my love life, or any crushes and I always replied that I don't have one. Usually he wanted me to walk with him to the library and he would buy me some ice-cream or some cocktail while walking to the library. John usually joined us both and they both became great friends. He really appreciated the books I usually read and he would ask me to give a synopsis first. Though I didn't like his company much, it seemed that he liked me a lot. He always wants to make me happy, lively, and cheerful. I usually pass a smile at him making him realize that he is important for me. I could feel it that he knew that I didn't like him as my future husband but he would please me in his own ways.

            I awoke in the morning with my mind feeling dizzy. As I went downstairs, I was struggling to breathe and everything was a blur, I tried clutching to the railing, but to no avail, collapsed to the floor.  

            My eyes blinked open as I noticed the while walls and sheets surrounding me. I don't know how I came to the hospital feeling too weak to talk. John and Stefan were around me with John twirling my hair; he was obviously anxious and concerned. I grabbed his hands weakly. He slowly came towards me and gently kissed my hands. I felt comfortable knowing he was around, and shut up eyes again, letting myself fall into a nice, relaxing sleep.

            I was given several tests to be done and checked up properly. I didn't want Jennie to get worried about me even more, but of course, Jennie was extremely angry when she came over to me.

            "Laura, I never expected such carelessness from you. Why aren't you taking care of yourself!"

            "Jennie, please, don't get upset, "I started, looking down at my bedding, "I apologize, I'll start taking better care of myself."

            John laughed and cracked a casual joke, "Jennie, why would she do that? She has Stefan now," He pointed at me, "Laura don't you dare blush." A smile came to my face and I found myself laughing. Stefan wasn't here, he had left earlier.

             They took me home and I found myself wanting to travel abroad, maybe where Stefan lived, so that I could forget everything that has happened in the past.

            "Would you go alone?" Jennie asked me.

            "Yeah, I want to be alone for some time," I looked over at her, "I think it would be good for me."

            "Never, no," she said sternly, "Paul will accompany you."

            "But I want to go alone, so I will," I managed to talk back.

            "No" she said, her voice getting more aggressive, "And that's final," she started to head back towards her room.

            "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked, getting mad at her, "You're not my mother, stop telling me what to do, and who to get married too!"

            She stopped for a moment when she made it to her doorway, not saying a word or turning around. I didn't feel any regret, she was trying to rule my life, and I want to live my own. She then continued and slammed the door; I would probably have to go with Paul. She's always been selfish, if she doesn't get what she wants, she acts like a small child.

            The flight was next Sunday, and I decided to go with Paul to shut the spoiled brat up. And even though I gave her what she wanted, Jennie kept nagging me for little things. I packed all my things, and I was able to examine all my patients before the given time and applied for two weeks leave.

            My leave was accepted and I gave all my next appointments to John. Paul had done all the arrangement and we were about to leave. I was still sick and John had asked Stefan to make sure I did all the tests and make sure that I took my medicines daily.

            We left on Sunday morning and reached Germany. The airport itself was beautiful, and  we stayed in a four star hotel. It was a place for well off people and yes, all those payments were paid for by Stefan himself. There was no way we were to afford this place ourselves; we spent it all on Jennie's engagement and the hospital bill.

             We strolled around; enjoying the sights and wasted a lot of the money we did have on pointless souvenirs and of course, food.  Paul and I tried to have some sort of conversation, but it always ended up in an awkward silence. I had to assure him that I have taken almost all tests and the reports were perfect. So he shrugged it off and we tried to keep having a good time.

            The day we went to the beach was indeed an exciting day, we left Paul at the hotel and me and Stefan went out for a walk.  We walked along the waves for a little while. It was a beautiful day, so I stopped and took a moment to let it all in. I felt the cold water hit my bare feet, and I took a deep breath, letting the salty breeze fill my lungs.  

            "Is there anyone you like or perhaps is there someone you are waiting for?" he asked me seriously.

            I felt myself tense up, and I awkwardly stared at him as I said, "Stefan, I need to tell you something." He leaned towards me and looked into my eyes. "The truth is, I don't want to marry you, but there is nothing wrong with you. You're a great guy, and as far I am concerned, I'm not the girl, you deserve way better. I hope you can understand." 

            He nodded, taking in what I had just said, and after a few moments of silence, he finally began, "Miss Laura, I like your honesty and truth, and I have faith in you. You are the most perfect woman of all, I wish you the best of luck on your journey to happiness." He kissed my hand, and I think I may have offended him, but he still smiled at me and we continued walking on the beach.

Hey people come on give me your reviews please!!!!

Banner by: crazylovers78